Hermes to have A.I system for bag sales.

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
So I dont know the details exactly but i have been told at my H. boutique that Hermes will implement a system for quota bag sales and offers, by matching criteria and other wish list details, as the bags come in it will suggest and determine who in the client rolodex can or should be offered such bags.

this is all i know if anyone else has more information would be helpful.

So I dont know the details exactly but i have been told at my H. boutique that Hermes will implement a system for quota bag sales and offers, by matching criteria and other wish list details, as the bags come in it will suggest and determine who in the client rolodex can or should be offered such bags.

this is all i know if anyone else has more information would be helpful.
Is this in response to the lawsuit? The timing ain't right.

• Haha
Reactions: FrenchNewbie
Me thinks her SA told her this on April 1st.
This was my very first thought! Actually, it was that @birkel was pulling a good April fools joke on us all--not because it's a bad idea per se, but because it's so surprising.

I'm convinced there's some AI/algorithm at work for the Paris appointments, though. And I could see three immediate benefits to having its own computerized system for bag allocation: 1) it completely removes an SAs ability to sell bags out the back door for a kickback (which is an existing possibility for low/no spend customers who get a bag). 2) It shields the company from class-protected discrimination when a computer makes the decision with no input re: race, gender, etc. 3) It helps any defense that there's no coercion when the SA can say, "because I can't nominate anyone to get a bag, I can't promise them that buying x will, with 100% certainty, result in bag offer y."

There's also a benefit I see that a lot of others here won't agree with: it removes the likability aspect from determining who gets a bag. I know this means that raging, entitled rich a-holes can get a bag whereas it was harder before, and that lovely ones with little/no prespend now won't get the chance. But as I see it, a computerized system removes an SA's ability to prey on a customer's emotional vulnerabilities to get them to spend more in hopes of getting the SA to like them enough to be nominated for a B or K. I've seen enough examples of this in some of the other threads that I think it's a worthy tradeoff. It also removes petty internal politics that can unknowingly hurt a customer. For ex: the SM doesn't like your SA? You as a customer aren't hurt by the SM not wanting to consider your SA's nominations as seriously because they don't like him/her for whatever reason.

If Hermes is willing to consider AI for something, I sure wouldn't mind if it could be put towards counterfeiting. I'm really surprised that authenticity is still subject to mostly human judgment, rather than a computer's by virtue of some embedded/scannable/traceable thing put in the bag itself at the time of production.

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 06.22.26 AM.png
"Watching customers with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The machine would never stop. It would never leave their texts unanswered, and it would never hurt them, never shout at them, or promise a bag for a furniture purchase and never deliver, or say it was too busy to return their calls. It would always be there. And it would die to protect their prespend ratios. Of all the would-be SA who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice."