Hermes Support Group - Have to wait/save to get your dream bag? Talk about it here!

Oh -so the “wish list” is the normal way, good news :smile: thank you so much!

Yoshi, good luck! Did you decide a size yet? I really like the B25 in the modeling pictures, but I am not sure I saw one in real life.

Thank you! Good luck to you as well! I'm okay with either 25, 30, or 35 as all three can fill a gap in my bag collection. However 30 or 35 might be the most ideal.

I don't think I've seen a 25 in real life either. Everyone around me always have 30 or 35s.

Ladies and gens....
I thought I would come up here to share my Hermes feelings since you all been great and supportive (knowledgeable as well). I started my H journey in early 2016 and was offered my first gold B 35 on my birthday the same year. Then came a BBK 32 early this year. Initially I wanted a red B35 but my SA thought gold and black would suit my wardrobe better. Anyhow, she called to offer me a Black B35 in September and I declined. Then she just called today saying she had a "bright RED" birkin waiting for me. My heart was pounding and had to call my husband. Anyhow, I just called the store to turn down the red B35 because I find my B35 a little too heavy for everyday use (told her I was interested in B30 back in September).
Sooooo, within 2 months, I have said no twice to my SA and I really hope that she wouldn't drop me off her client list...
Sorry for the long post.
Hope you all are having a great day. :smile:

Ladies and gens....
I thought I would come up here to share my Hermes feelings since you all been great and supportive (knowledgeable as well). I started my H journey in early 2016 and was offered my first gold B 35 on my birthday the same year. Then came a BBK 32 early this year. Initially I wanted a red B35 but my SA thought gold and black would suit my wardrobe better. Anyhow, she called to offer me a Black B35 in September and I declined. Then she just called today saying she had a "bright RED" birkin waiting for me. My heart was pounding and had to call my husband. Anyhow, I just called the store to turn down the red B35 because I find my B35 a little too heavy for everyday use (told her I was interested in B30 back in September).
Sooooo, within 2 months, I have said no twice to my SA and I really hope that she wouldn't drop me off her client list...
Sorry for the long post.
Hope you all are having a great day. :smile:

Hi CC —

I don’t think that turning down 2 bags in a short time frame is bad at all. I turn down bags all the time, including within a short time frame. Last weekend I was offered 3 different Birkins.....I turned them all down since I just was not 100% sure on which color in which size. Today I stopped by the store to pick up a kelly strap I ordered, and I was offered another Birkin but turned it down (definitely did not care for the color). As a side, for a few months, I was interested in a picotin 22 (they even proactively brought one in for me on a trade), and the style did not end up working out for me. There were no hard feelings. My SA knows it’s a journey for me, and she has always exhibited patience. If I recall correctly, I believe we may shop at the same store — I can say the SA’s and SM there are very committed to their customers’ happiness. I don’t believe you have anything to worry about. Just pop in the store here and there, and I’m sure your perfect B30 will come around soon! B30 (and B25) are really great sizes by the way [emoji3] Just curious, are you hoping for a B30 in a specific red? Would love a rouge casaque epsom B30 myself!

Hi CC —

I don’t think that turning down 2 bags in a short time frame is bad at all. I turn down bags all the time, including within a short time frame. Last weekend I was offered 3 different Birkins.....I turned them all down since I just was not 100% sure on which color in which size. Today I stopped by the store to pick up a kelly strap I ordered, and I was offered another Birkin but turned it down (definitely did not care for the color). As a side, for a few months, I was interested in a picotin 22 (they even proactively brought one in for me on a trade), and the style did not end up working out for me. There were no hard feelings. My SA knows it’s a journey for me, and she has always exhibited patience. If I recall correctly, I believe we may shop at the same store — I can say the SA’s and SM there are very committed to their customers’ happiness. I don’t believe you have anything to worry about. Just pop in the store here and there, and I’m sure your perfect B30 will come around soon! B30 (and B25) are really great sizes by the way [emoji3] Just curious, are you hoping for a B30 in a specific red? Would love a rouge casaque epsom B30 myself!
You are so sweet, SpucyTuna13. Thank you so much for your reassuring kind words and yes, I believe we shop at the same store and the girls there are amazing. I called to decline on the bag and the same day, the SA offered my other friend a gris B30 which she also turned down. :-s If I have a big disposable income, the red bag is definitely coming home with me. But with 3 little ones and working full time, I need to be more responsible (to at least try to behave like a grown up).
I am really ok letting go of my almost brand new gold B35 for a red B30 because I will probably use it more than B35.
To answer your questions, would love to have a bright (true red) B30 in togo
A girl can only dream :biggrin:
Stay warm in this cold weather.....

Hi CC —

Hi SpicyTuna, I supposed you are not in Singapore ?
I wish SAs here would offer abs so generously...

Hi team,
I am on a looong savings journey for a vintage Kelly 32 Retourne. I've built a fabulous collection of scarves (both new, purchased as souvenirs from my overseas travels) and vintage, and I've always loved the idea of owning a vintage bag who has already lived life before coming to me! In fact, my favourite thread on this forum is the one about the less than perfect vintage H bags! I'm hopeful for a red or orange with GHW, and have little pics of some I have found on my fridge and at work to help steer me on my Kelly path and away from unnecessary purchases! I'm happy to leave brand new bags purchased from a boutique to those who desire a new bag... me? I'm happy to wait for a gently used one to decide that they want to come and live with me :smile:

Bumping this old support group thread as I could use some support in waiting myself…:biggrin:

I feel spoiled by saying it, but I’m getting sick of waiting for my HG bag; B25 in gold. I have waited for 2.5 years, which is the longest wait - my other bags showed up after maximum 1.5 year of waiting, which I’m fine with.:yes:

I have only bought a few small things from my local boutique during the last 6-8 months, but I’m actually not in the mood to buy anything more right now. I just want my “order” to come in so I can get back in happy H mood :lol: and then I might want to shop again.

I just wanted to cry this out in group session. Probably quite pathetic, I know. Minor problem in real life.

Bumping this old support group thread as I could use some support in waiting myself…:biggrin:

I feel spoiled by saying it, but I’m getting sick of waiting for my HG bag; B25 in gold. I have waited for 2.5 years, which is the longest wait - my other bags showed up after maximum 1.5 year of waiting, which I’m fine with.:yes:

I have only bought a few small things from my local boutique during the last 6-8 months, but I’m actually not in the mood to buy anything more right now. I just want my “order” to come in so I can get back in happy H mood :lol: and then I might want to shop again.

I just wanted to cry this out in group session. Probably quite pathetic, I know. Minor problem in real life.
At 2.5 years, I’d assume that that “order” isn’t a real thing, even in Scandinavia, and unless you make more visits and purchases, the bag is never arriving. I guarantee the store has gotten gold B25s over the course of the last 2.5 years.

At 2.5 years, I’d assume that that “order” isn’t a real thing, even in Scandinavia, and unless you make more visits and purchases, the bag is never arriving. I guarantee the store has gotten gold B25s over the course of the last 2.5 years.
Glad to prove you wrong as I finally picked up my order/wishlist item a few days ago :tup:

Dreams do come true ;)

Glad to prove you wrong as I finally picked up my order/wishlist item a few days ago :tup:

Dreams do come true ;)
Congratulations! It is such a classic combination and the wait makes it even more memorable and appreciated.

I was so happy to see this thread was revived. The rhetoric now that it is all about spending every month and visit to get a bag is so far from a universal experience and truth at Hermes. Hermes bags are many people’s dream bags, and Hermes is full of magic and dreams coming true!

Congratulations! It is such a classic combination and the wait makes it even more memorable and appreciated.

I was so happy to see this thread was revived. The rhetoric now that it is all about spending every month and visit to get a bag is so far from a universal experience and truth at Hermes. Hermes bags are many people’s dream bags, and Hermes is full of magic and dreams coming true!
Thank you! That’s very true.

• Love
Reactions: J'adoreHermes