Hermes Spring Summer 2012 Accessories Preview

It is called the Berline. The strap is designed to be short so that the bag is worn as a true shoulder bag with a short drop under the arm. I tried to wear it cross body like a messenger bag (think Jypsy), but just couldn't pull it off comfortably. Right now the Berline is offered in very conservative colors - black, brown, grey, rouge h, and recently, I saw it in thalassa blue which was the "wildest" color of the bunch. :smile:
I was offered the Thalassa (which actaully I thought had been rested)
The workmanship on the bag was equisite but it was rather casual for me. Anyway, and yes the strap was not crossbody. As I am tall the bag hit right under my arm.
That all said it was beautiful.

^Yes TT, the bag is called the Berline. My post that you referenced was from November 2011, but afterward, there were several confirmations that the bag is the Berline (see subsequent posts below). :yes: The bag was actually introduced in AW2011 (link here). What did you think of it?
Beautifully made, loved the puffy "car seat" part. But it is rather casual, at least for me.

^Yes TT, the bag is called the Berline. My post that you referenced was from November 2011, but afterward, there were several confirmations that the bag is the Berline (see subsequent posts below). :yes: The bag was actually introduced in AW2011 (link here). What did you think of it?

Ooh, that red is sooo pretty! Now that would be the "wildest" color of the berline bunch! Lol!

There is one Berline in Swift Argile at the H store in Bergen county NJ. It is beautifully made & craftsmanship is superb. But I just can't get used to the design yet. But that's just me... :-P

I saw the Berline in marron d'Inde swift. Nice craftsmanship but I like a strap that is either short so the bag fits under the arm, or longer so it can go cross body. The strap of the Berline is in between that so it hangs on the hip for me (I'm 5' 4"). So it didn't really work for me. Maybe in a different colour I'd think more seriously, but not in marron d'inde swift.