Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

I do think they did a better job with the "color families" this season compared with previous, but the "families" are still too similar to each other and there's not much color variety in many designs. Animapolis was such a breath of fresh air in that regard. I get the impression H is "going all out" on color and detail in just a couple of designs each season, to keep connoisseurs interested, and leveraging the "color families" and "less detailed / fewer colors" scarves to fill out the line in an economical manner. Perhaps I'm feeling overly cynical today. I do own and love some of the "simplified" scarves. But I did find this season that although my initial wish list was huge, much of it was repetitive in some way, so it wasn't as hard as I thought to get my list down to the very few I would actually purchase. ETA: I do like the re-issuing of "un-messed-up" vintage designs (Perspectives, Equateur....) and hope that will continue.
I printed every design I wanted in full colour, then sat down and tried to be strategic, because I kept liking more than one design in the same colour family. If I went with my first choices, I'd have several with the same vibe and a load of doubt and regret.

Got to play around a bit at the store today. I’ll revel the ones I bought later this week but figured I’d share some for anyone looking.
15912246eb171ac26988b428e37e304e.jpg
5f6a965f2078b2832bfcad5385da1f7f.jpg
d5f362144a5e0e5116ce6a1f10f60686.jpg
1b28c9c79be3e5543d6f0f207fdcf60b.jpg
524b359fb5a5d1e0f99c93e6da53bdaa.jpg
26c1e9aad5cb129e7d8d625510d540af.jpg
4a88025740105de3b412fd3725cfa640.jpg
It takes me much self-control not to buy anther CW of la foret and Equateur

I can only wear crisp colors and clear tones. Anything even slightly muted or faded makes me look rumpled and washed out. I admire those who look so chic in the washed scarves. It’s been a real bummer for me this season & last to see all the gorgeous reissues that I would love to have in same colors - but NOT washed. At least it has seriously curbed my spending [emoji3]

Have you had a chance to try the Equateur washed silks or the rock one (can't remember the name)? I did think last season's washed offerings had a faded vintage vibe to them, but IMO the colors this season are quite saturated. The washing creates a matte effect for sure, but I wouldn't class the resulting colors as muted or faded. Some of them are very bright and very clear. If you love the patterns might be worth a go-- not that I want to un-curb anyone's spending! Lord knows I need all the curbing I can get myself. :lol:

I’m curious overall what everyone thinks of SS19 for scarves? Im having mixed feelings.

Musing on your question I realise that this is the first year that I truly love many of the silks , but have no inclination to buy anything.
Usually I adore something and have to buy it, or I don’t like a collection and pass .
I can admire so much on others and think a few designs are really beautiful , but I don’t want to wear florals or cartoons however well executed . Moreover none of the colour palettes this season are making my heart sing.. I love Equateur but will reserve my pennies for some of the beautiful tableware or wallpaper one of these days.
I may be an unreliable narrator because I sometimes come very late to liking things ; right now I find myself doubling on a design from last season that didn’t really register to start with.
I’m luckily placed close to five Hermès stores so I have the luxury of repeated trying on sessions, but for those having to decide based on how scarves appear on others , it must be very hard.