Hermes Spring 2011 runway RTW

What is this? Is is plastic? I neeeeed it. I need it./QUOTE]

It looks like plastic indeed, but I find it very strange and audacious that they do plastic bags and clothing other than the gadgets that they offered to their front row spectators at a fashion show a few years ago...

Maybe I will say something very stupid, but I am just guessing... but couldn't this maybe be Alligator Nuage?
Alligator nuage is a special tanning procedure that makes (from what Hermès said) the croc whiter than white, through a special procedure called HCP and that will be exclusive to Hermès.

Can anybody share some info?

Attachments

• 00350m-1.jpg
    00350m-1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 00360m-1.jpg
    00360m-1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 00370m-1.jpg
    00370m-1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 331
:tender: love to find out more :tender:

It looks like plastic indeed, but I find it very strange and audacious that they do plastic bags and clothing other than the gadgets that they offered to their front row spectators at a fashion show a few years ago...

Maybe I will say something very stupid, but I am just guessing... but couldn't this maybe be Alligator Nuage?
Alligator nuage is a special tanning procedure that makes (from what Hermès said) the croc whiter than white, through a special procedure called HCP and that will be exclusive to Hermès.

;) perfect 4 u dear, perfect ;)

Thanks for the lovely pix bags to die for............Now I NEED one of these............

attachment.php

What is this? Is is plastic? I neeeeed it. I need it.

I was told this material was not shown at the last podium and the store is now waiting for news from Paris. Maybe someone else knows?

But then WWD is defining it as croc-effect, would they use this term if it was proper croc... :confused1:

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-week/spr...view/herms-rtw-spring-2011-3330618?city=paris

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Wondering what is sticking out from the red Kelly ??? anyone ??

Yes this is stingray, three panels of stingray (Galuchat)

It brings to my mind the fake pink stingray birkin that we found pictures of a while back...

Coincidence? Insider information given to fakers? Fakers inspiring last minute ideas for the fashion show? Hermès watching us even more closely lately? (Helloooo!:P)
Mmmm... quite curious about this one...:graucho: but I guess we will never know what really originated these Galuchat bags and accessories.

I LOVE them btw, and I could die for a Kelly pochette or a Kelly cut. I just hope they won't be too expensive.

Last edited:
That translucent croc looks like reptile skin after shedding.:P I wonder how they acheived that effect as well. Love the galuchat pieces too, allthough not too much of a fan of three skins stiched together like that. Collection is breath taking though, probably his best for H IMHO.

my thoughts exactly .. I have seen the python skin after shedding and look just like that .. transparent .. quite savvy use.

Liberté;16829078 said:
That translucent croc looks like reptile skin after shedding.:P I wonder how they acheived that effect as well. Love the galuchat pieces too, allthough not too much of a fan of three skins stiched together like that. Collection is breath taking though, probably his best for H IMHO.

Mmmm... Trama Turgo investigator at work...

Look what I found through a couple of Google researches on HCP tanning procedure :nuts:
The research led me to a certain "Louisiane HCP group", I then searched for the group on various phone directories, and tadaaaaaaa! What you get is... (on top of copying the link I uploaded a screenshot, and translated the text for you)

http://www.paginegialle.it/louisiane

The company, who was born in Milan in 1988, sells reptile and other exotic skins (alligator, crocodile, caiman, lizard, ostrich, galuchat, shark, bovine and sheep), puts extra care and attention to quality in tannery, and continuously researches for new finishes, in order to offer avant-garde products.
Louisiane is part of the international tanning group Hermès Cuirs Précieux (H.C.P.), that was born in 2007 after Hermès International bought the pre-existant Soficuir H.C.P Group, and it includes the foremost worldwide famous tanning companies: Tcim and its manufactory in Vivoin that have been in the business since 1928, Gordon-Choisy with its head office in Paris and its manufactory in Montereau, Exocuirs in Geneva, Tannery R.T.L in Louisiana and Tannery Michel Rettili in Cuneo.

So I guess that HCP tanning procedure, for this new white that Hermès will offer, simply stands for Hermès Cuirs Précieux.
We know now a little bit more about how Hermès works. They appear to own several tanning manufactories in France, Italy, and Lousiana.

Attachments

• Schermata 2010-10-08 a 15.15.28.png
    Schermata 2010-10-08 a 15.15.28.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
^
THank you so much for sharing. Interesting.
If it's the result of a tanning procedure, it cant be (all) plastic. I imagine it must be really fragile if it's leather though?