Hermes Quality.... a step up from LV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get over the fact that my town is inundated with LV bags. It's everywhere which makes it very undesirable. If you want quality and ultimate status, you can't go wrong with Hermes. It's a great investment.

On a personal note, once you go Hermes you really can't go back.

On a personal note, once you go Hermes you really can't go back.

Never a truer word spoken!

I need a bag for when I go to the pub or gigs and keep lusting after the mini Evelyne, in reality I should be buying a Mulberry Antony which I could get for around £100 as opposed to the Evelyne which is 5 times that! The problem is I'm no longer even excited about other brands in the way I am over Hermes....

You'll have to buy and USE an Hermes bag to understand the difference between Hermes and any other brand.

There is some kind of PERFECTION in an Hermes bag "live" that you wont be able to get from any other...

Rather than comparing to watches, I would compare to cars...

I would compare Hermes to Porsche for what the item gives you back for your money... Reliability, pleasure, power, understatment , efficiency , classic style, resale value .... Close to perfection , in my understanding ( for something you actually use )

LV, would be a BMW ( same roots, good value, some fashion looks, and a larger target ....)

You'll have to buy and USE an Hermes bag to understand the difference between Hermes and any other brand.

There is some kind of PERFECTION in an Hermes bag "live" that you wont be able to get from any other...

Rather than comparing to watches, I would compare to cars...

I would compare Hermes to Porsche for what the item gives you back for your money... Reliability, pleasure, power, understatment , efficiency , classic style, resale value .... Close to perfection , in my understanding ( for something you actually use )

LV, would be a BMW ( same roots, good value, some fashion looks, and a larger target ....)

You are totally right! I have many times compared LV to Mercedes, in terms of history, popularity, and recent changes (extreme saturation in the market). BMW works too! I would say Hermes is closer to Bentley...in terms of fit-and-finish and quality of materials (have you smelled the inside of one of those?!).

I think some brands are actually worth their price. Hermes, certainly. Louis Vuitton, I think is overpriced by about 30% (especially for monogram bags!). Prada, I think is worth it. Gucci, same story as Louis Vuitton. Paying $1700 for a half-fabric bag is just lunacy!

You are totally right! I have many times compared LV to Mercedes, in terms of history, popularity, and recent changes (extreme saturation in the market). BMW works too! I would say Hermes is closer to Bentley...in terms of fit-and-finish and quality of materials (have you smelled the inside of one of those?!).

I think some brands are actually worth their price. Hermes, certainly. Louis Vuitton, I think is overpriced by about 30% (especially for monogram bags!). Prada, I think is worth it. Gucci, same story as Louis Vuitton. Paying $1700 for a half-fabric bag is just lunacy!

I haven't smelt the interior of a Bentley yet, but I can imagine !!!:yes:

^^^ Although not quite as nice as the smell of envy from idiotic boys when they see a woman driving a Porsche!!

What Porsche do you have? I had a Boxster S and would always laugh to myself as silly boys tried to outrun me in it....:lol:

^^^ Because Hermes bags are handmade unlike LV which are made on machines
Definitely.

But you know so many LV fans will argue anyone down that ALL LV bags are handmade. Thats simply not true.

Now for the long post because this is a topic that is of great interest to me...

I do feel that Hermes is more than a few steps above LV. The thing is, for me even when comparing the high end LV bags to Hermes, I still think Hermes is far better. Just because LV has bags that are exorbitant in price doesn't mean that there is good quality and good design. There are many high end LV bags that have Hermes price tags and I think they look absolutely horrendous. The firebird is one such bag. Not to mention that the way LV does ostrich is just :yucky: The only really high end pices that I love from LV are the trunks. Their designs are getting more and more outlandish, bordering on being classless in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I do like some LV, but not the higher end line.

Besides, if I am going to spend thousands of dollars on a bag, I want it to be Hermes.

great thread. Lv and H are very difrent in terms of quality and luk. Hermes s top of d line while LV s great too but its just difrent. Believe me wen u touch both bags frm each of d houses u wil knw wat we r saying. Û

Status
Not open for further replies.