Hermes public Sale in US

Again my better judgement I think I'm going to go to this one. I mean I live nearby.. I can't pass up this chance.

Hermes Sample Sale

VIP Private shopping: Wednesday, October 23 ; 12pm-6pm
Open to the Public: Thursday, October 24 through Sunday, October 27
9am-7pm daily
Soiffer Haskin: 317 West 33rd Street

Enjoy yourself & share your goodies, if you care to...

Again my better judgement I think I'm going to go to this one. I mean I live nearby.. I can't pass up this chance.

Hermes Sample Sale

9am-7pm daily
If anyone needs a +1 for Wednesday, please let me know.

Hermes Sample Sale

9am-7pm daily
I work at 30th and 7th - really less than a 5 minute walk from. Maybe I’ll stroll by but I’m sure that line or crowd will force me to just keep strolling.

Reactions: Cygne18
Fellow New Yorker! First time sale-goer. What do we think the honest chances are of getting in within a 2-3 hour wait? I am being dragged by my husband to the knicks game sat night so was thinking of going in (I live in Queens) around 12-1 and trying my luck. I am going to Europe in March so I can snag some deals there... so not sure if it's worth it. Would love any of you kind folks opinions/advice.

Hermes Sample Sale

9am-7pm daily

Fellow New Yorker! First time sale-goer. What do we think the honest chances are of getting in within a 2-3 hour wait? I am being dragged by my husband to the knicks game sat night so was thinking of going in (I live in Queens) around 12-1 and trying my luck. I am going to Europe in March so I can snag some deals there... so not sure if it's worth it. Would love any of you kind folks opinions/advice.

There are threads on past NYC sales that will give you great insight into the sales. Sometimes there are huge lines, other times not so much. The items for sale vary widely. No bags. Lots of RTW, ties, scarves and some shoes, housewares. Jewelry only sometimes. I gave up on going to the sales (I had VIP ticket) because of the lack of good deals on things I want -- and the urge to buy something anyway because you waited so long and things are half off. Even at half off, H items can be very expensive mistakes.

I think the noon hour will have a lot of people, no matter what day. And one hour is not enough time even to gain admission, let alone find some things you want to buy and stand in line to pay.

There are threads on past NYC sales that will give you great insight into the sales. Sometimes there are huge lines, other times not so much. The items for sale vary widely. No bags. Lots of RTW, ties, scarves and some shoes, housewares. Jewelry only sometimes. I gave up on going to the sales (I had VIP ticket) because of the lack of good deals on things I want -- and the urge to buy something anyway because you waited so long and things are half off. Even at half off, H items can be very expensive mistakes.

I think the noon hour will have a lot of people, no matter what day. And one hour is not enough time even to gain admission, let alone find some things you want to buy and stand in line to pay.

Thanks so much for the insight! I've done a ton of research already. Mainly just interested in shoes and maybe a clic clac for my mom :smile:

If I was going to Paris in March I would save my time and money and take advantage of the tax refund. I have been to this sale exactly twice years ago when it was worth going to (they sold Garden Parties for 1K still kicking myself for not getting one). It can be very hit or miss with stock. Some years it's amazing with tons of jewelry and scarfs. Other years only ready to wear and dinnerwear and baby stuff. Wait until Wednesday reviews and reports on waits before making a decision. If people report items you want then it maybe worth it. That being said, if you want to attend Saturday you best bet may be to get there around 7am if you want a 2 - 3 hour wait. From years past they say that they don't have a shopping time limit so what ends up happening those inside are shopping for friends and spend hours in there. I know my friends already told me what they want and I'm trying to shop for them. They don't allow photos so it can take forever to text back and forth.

Reactions: lulilu
If I was going to Paris in March I would save my time and money and take advantage of the tax refund. I have been to this sale exactly twice years ago when it was worth going to (they sold Garden Parties for 1K still kicking myself for not getting one). It can be very hit or miss with stock. Some years it's amazing with tons of jewelry and scarfs. Other years only ready to wear and dinnerwear and baby stuff. Wait until Wednesday reviews and reports on waits before making a decision. If people report items you want then it maybe worth it. That being said, if you want to attend Saturday you best bet may be to get there around 7am if you want a 2 - 3 hour wait. From years past they say that they don't have a shopping time limit so what ends up happening those inside are shopping for friends and spend hours in there. I know my friends already told me what they want and I'm trying to shop for them. They don't allow photos so it can take forever to text back and forth.
Thanks so much for this detailed reply! I won't be in paris but amsterdam and budapest. I am really only looking for shoes (the deal on Oran in Italy last year was great!), even in Europe, and perhaps a Constance (ONE CAN DREAM) or a Jypsiere.