Hermes Paris sale 2008

is anyone in Paris that is planning on going that can look for something for me? ;)

I'm contemplating going...you see, I am going to France for 6 months for a program in Bordeaux and I'm flying into Paris January 10...at like 11am. And I have to buy a ticket to take the train to Bordeaux, but I could probably figure a way to go into the city for a quick vist to the sale...

But, I haven't decided yet...:confused1:

Don't know if that helps you...lol

No bags that I've seen at the NYC sample sales - except for the canvas totes.... I've seen some great scarves though. There was a sale maybe 5 years ago where it seemed like a veritable museum of different styles. Since then, I have never again seen a sale like that one.......

is anyone in Paris that is planning on going that can look for something for me? ;)

Hi Guccigal

Don't know about Paris but I do know there was a plum Rivieres de Babel lurking in a bottom drawer at Harrods in London a couple of weeks ago. Ypu might call them up or get your local H to ask them to ship it to you?

Oh wow, I cant believe H has sales!! Ahh im all excited!! Im only in the UK so I could easily pop across the pond!
But honestly is it actually worth taking the trip just for the sales? I mean are there any picotins lurking about or is it just scarfs etc?
xx

Porte Maillot is to the west of Paris, looks about a 10 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe. The P M metro stop is on metro line 1 (direction La Defence) and shares with RER line C, *squinting at my guide book*

The Palais de Congres looks huge, anyone have any idea where to go once you're there?

AAN, do you know when is the summer sale?

:tdown::sad::yucky: Thanks for all the info you've been very helpful, but I'm on the verge of bursting into tears :throwup:with no phone orders to Australia.1 scarf in Australia that might be $325USD is $500+AUD. Those prices I just cannot afford. I work 2 jobs & because I want 2 (one for myself & one for my mom who also happens to my bestie [I am her fashion advisor/stylist :P] for her birthday in February) Now until mid Febraury is a black out period so I cannot go anywhere until then plus tickets are about $2500AUD. If anyone can give me prices on a scarf, twillies, wallets, bags etc that would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is actually going & would be willing to get me a couple of pieces please let me know. I need to know prices though. I would paypal you plus a bit extra for your time.:hysteric:
Urban, I am pretty sure that the scarves retail for AU$480 in the store but you could always buy a few from ebay of the designs you really love and have them authenticated here.

Oh wow, I cant believe H has sales!! Ahh im all excited!! Im only in the UK so I could easily pop across the pond!
But honestly is it actually worth taking the trip just for the sales? I mean are there any picotins lurking about or is it just scarfs etc?
xx

I've never seen a Picotin at an Hermes sale.

Urban_godiva, I was going to suggest eBay as well because even brand new scarves are often in the $349USD range at the high end--if you post the auction here before you bid you won't get stuck with a fake!

OOOooohhh, just as I got an interest in Hermes, I'm finding out about this sale. I don't own one, but I've seen tons of fakes here in NYC. I don't want fake... As a flight attendant, I'm grateful for my ability to travel internationally. I tend to do Paris a lot as that's my favorite city. I bid to do a Paris trip during the sale time so I can pick up something. I may not be able to purchase a Birkin or Kelly at such short notice, but I should be able to get a scarf or some small leather good, no? I take it that credit cards are accepted? Bear with me.. I'm taking my first "baby steps" and have been reading you guys posts and reference stuff. Thanks!

Diva, I can only speak for my experience at the NY sales, never having been to a sale elsewhere. At those, credit cards are accepted though debit cards are NOT. You have to check your bag (and I mean purse) at a bag check so don't bring anything good that you don't want scratched up. There are no Birkins or Kellys at these sales anyway, so being ready to buy one or not, isn't a problem :P You are definitely on the right track if you're looking for small accessories or scarves! They're chock full of those items, and often in hard to find colors. In my experience at the NY sale, they restock the sale floor many times, almost constantly. So if you go twice, even in the same day, you'll see different things as you make the rounds.
Hope this helps!