Hermès Palo Alto

If you guys don’t mind me asking, how much do you guys spent to be offered your first quota bag in this store?

I just want to know what to expect from this store. Thanks in advance! Would love to hear from you guys..
In the past when people jokingly said this was the hardest location to get quota bags in the US I would laugh, but at least for the moment it feels very likely true. SF isn't any easier though IMO.

In the past when people jokingly said this was the hardest location to get quota bags in the US I would laugh, but at least for the moment it feels very likely true. SF isn't any easier though IMO.
I'm curious to know how SF/PA got this reputation, and why are they the hardest in the US to get a quota bag? I recently moved from NY to SF, and would like to start a relationship here, but it seems like it's probably not worth it, and maybe I should just be waiting for a trip to hawaii or vegas or sth? Thanks for the insights!

I’ve spent about 3:1, and I visit the store at least once a month and I got no bag offer at all (even non quota bags). I’d say choose SF if you can.

My girl friend said the management of this store must be not good. It’s not for someone who just appreciates the brand but it’s more of like ‘battle of the rich’.

Some people can get 2 quota bags EVERY year, and some people can get 0 per year. Depending how much money are you willing to give to this store.

I personally think it is not fair. I’m a European and I don’t think Hermes is exclusively only for people who are rich. I’m an Hermes lover and forever will be, but just not loving this store’s management

Last edited:
I'm curious to know how SF/PA got this reputation, and why are they the hardest in the US to get a quota bag? I recently moved from NY to SF, and would like to start a relationship here, but it seems like it's probably not worth it, and maybe I should just be waiting for a trip to hawaii or vegas or sth? Thanks for the insights!
I don't know what sth is but I got both my Bs in Paris FSH. I decided not to bother after spending some time trying in PA, it was clear I was being strung along and the competition is just too intense here.

I’ve spent about 3:1, and I visit the store at least once a month and I got no bag offer at all (even non quota bags). I’d say choose SF if you can.

My girl friend said the management of this store must be not good. It’s not for someone who just appreciates the brand but it’s more of like ‘battle of the rich’.
oh wow that sucks. But I also heard that SF is not easy either.

I don't know what sth is but I got both my Bs in Paris FSH. I decided not to bother after spending some time trying in PA, it was clear I was being strung along and the competition is just too intense here.
Yea Paris is the best, but with the travel restrictions and everything, it's tough. And I was hoping to have some local relationships too, like when I was in NY (btw NY was pretty easy to get BKC), but it sounds like it's probably not gonna be fruitful anyway.

Well the hardest may be Seattle (from hearsay) but I think in general there's not enough shipments and way more customers prefer size 25 or smaller in this location. What I didn't understand is why average customer's high spending doesn't materialize into more quota bags for the store (based on research on this forum a store has a budget to place future quota bag orders and the budget is directly linked to store sales numbers).
Hawaii and Vegas do seem to receive more bags this year, and the spending for new customers is reasonable. It doesn't quite make sense if quota bag numbers are linked to stores' total sales. But that's just my observation.

Reactions: lovieluvslux
Hi there, I was told that they do take walk ins but the chance of them turning you away is higher versus having an actual appointment.
I live in walking distance of the PA store but generally shop at SF...I was just curious because sometimes if I'm out for a walk it's fun to walk through the PA store. If I'm going to make an appointment, I'm a dedicated to spending during my appointment and wouldn't want to waste their appointment time with my sight seeing. :smile:

Reactions: lovieluvslux
You know I think it has been a hard year or two and some people have gotten bags but plenty of people haven't. I've spent a good amount in SF and haven't gotten an offer (although I also haven't been super after an offer either). So just be careful of greener pasture syndrome because it may not be any easier.
Thank you for your input. I am learning that finding the right SA you get along with leads you to the offer. I was also told by the SA to not be shy to ask (maybe that was her clue :smile:),I was wondering, have you asked and made a wish list?

Thank you for your input. I am learning that finding the right SA you get along with leads you to the offer. I was also told by the SA to not be shy to ask (maybe that was her clue :smile:),I was wondering, have you asked and made a wish list?
Yes she's aware of what I want and we've tried on bags to size them earlier this year - But I think stock has been limited due to the pandemic and supply chain disruptions, my ability to get to the store is a little throttled by work right now (so I've had many things shipped) and I know they prefer to do offers in person, and frankly I haven't been in a major rush for a bag. With my pandemic lifestyle, I'm extracting a lot of value and enjoyment of RTW, jewelry and scarves because I can wear those most weeks even if I'm on zoom calls. I have not been stressing over a bag offer and she knows that....I also have a self imposed "one bag a year rule" so I get plenty of use and love out of my bag purchases so she knows she has a lot of a time until 2021 is over haha (and I cheated on my rule last year with her but it was a TPM so that's like barely a bag).