Hermes packaging!!!

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Is anyone else crazy about the way the Hermes SAs pack up your items when you buy from them? It's all just so beautiful and exquisite!! They take such care and I now have a huge pile of those thick, bee-yoo-tee-ful orange boxes, bags and ribbon. I can't throw any of it away! What am I going to do with all this orange packaging??!! Even the quality of the boxes and tissue is amazing.

Yesterday, i just bought a simple orange Togo agenda and paper insert. My SA even packed up the paper insert in its own special box flip-open box. I didn't even want to unrap any of it!!

And don't even get my started if you buy a bag there!!

Yes, I love to bring home my packages and stare at them for a while before opening the box. It's kind of like Christmas. I still have all my boxes and ribbon too. I can't wait to get a bag.

i've never bought a bag from them but they do have exquisite packaging regardless of what you buy........i wasted a good hour of my life trying to figure out how my SA tied the ribbon so perfectly around my box (obviously not employing my method because when i tried to retie it it looked horrendous :Push:smile:.........i love that big or small they take such care with your purchase.....

I love how Hermes packages their items ... beautiful! :love: I still have all my orange boxes, bags and ribbons. I can't seem to throw them away! My husband says that we can open a mini-Hermes shop with all the packaging I keep :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I don't intend to use any of my 2 Hermes bags for a day, I put them sound asleep in their boxes. Hermes bag boxes even have pillows made of tissue so that the bags are nicely laid out.

La Vanguardia said:
When I don't intend to use any of my 2 Hermes bags for a day, I put them sound asleep in their boxes. Hermes bag boxes even have pillows made of tissue so that the bags are nicely laid out.

Be careful about that. When I bought my bag the SA told me not to keep it in the box ...instead just keep it in the dustcover so it can breathe. :smile:

Those lovely packages are all billed into the lovely cost of those amazing things we buy there. That is why we love it all so much. It almost makes you forget you even paid for the whole experience you are in such awe!

Have you ever read Bagsnob's entry on Hermes packaging ? Here's a highlight of it, it's pretty interesting -

"But it is not just the Hermes stamp and logo that makes one a "Bag Snob"! There is so much about Hermes bags that make them the finest in the world. First, the tissue paper. I have had many conversations with various Hermes Managing Directors and they all love talking about the tissue paper. Apparently there are special tissue paper craftsman who spend their entire lives folding tissue paper for Hermes bags! They make little pillows for the birkin to rest upon and layers of "blankets" to protect it. It is suggested that you keep the bag exactly as the day you opened it, sleeping on the little pillow will allow it to keep its shape for life!"

The rest here - http://www.bagsnob.com/2006/03/hermes_101.html#more

ayla said:
Have you ever read Bagsnob's entry on Hermes packaging ? Here's a highlight of it, it's pretty interesting -

"But it is not just the Hermes stamp and logo that makes one a "Bag Snob"! There is so much about Hermes bags that make them the finest in the world. First, the tissue paper. I have had many conversations with various Hermes Managing Directors and they all love talking about the tissue paper. Apparently there are special tissue paper craftsman who spend their entire lives folding tissue paper for Hermes bags! They make little pillows for the birkin to rest upon and layers of "blankets" to protect it. It is suggested that you keep the bag exactly as the day you opened it, sleeping on the little pillow will allow it to keep its shape for life!"

The rest here - http://www.bagsnob.com/2006/03/hermes_101.html#more

Thanks ayla!

Ok now I'm confused... should I put my bags to sleep on the pillow and blanket or leave it outside in the dustbag? I think I need to have a serious chat with the store manager the next time I go to the shop :wacko:

La Vanguardia said:
Thanks ayla!

Ok now I'm confused... should I put my bags to sleep on the pillow and blanket or leave it outside in the dustbag? I think I need to have a serious chat with the store manager the next time I go to the shop :wacko:

LaVan...I'm confused too. Please report back to us.

Greentea, I also keep all my boxes, ribbons, etc... I don't know what to do with any of it. :P

I love the packaging too! :love:

When I brought home my Birkin I set the shopping bag with the empty box on it on a marble plant stand, er, pedestal and there it stayed for a few days to enjoy. I had the ribbon artfully arranged, spilling out a bit. Took photos too. It was a big occasion! ;)