Hermes on SALE??

Is the NY sale worth rearranging one's schedule and flying to NY?
I heard that they had a one scarf limit and no decent leather goods last year.
Has anyone seen a lot of old inventory floating around the boutiques that might be included in this sale? Last Christmas, Madison was bare, so it doesn't seem like there would be a lot of old inventory to unload at the sale.

I've always wanted to hit this sale, but I'm already heading to NY in October, so I'm not sure there's a reason to fly up just for the sale. From a cost perspective, I would have to find a lot of things to purchase to offset the airfare and hotel, not to mention rearranging my schedule.

Does anyone think the sale has enough good inventory to warrant the trip?

Thanks for your help. Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing too many full leather bags, let alone a Kelly! See you there if you are going too!

I would say with these type of sales, the earlier you get there the better. If you can make it before 2PM, go with the press invite. I'm not sure about this year, but I went with press invites before and didn't have to wait in line.

As for inventory, you just have to go there and see. I will say chances of seeing a Kelly/Constance wallet at this sale will be very slim :sad: The biggest chunk of inventory will be RTW.

It's possible we won't see any scarves or ties. I just heard a rumor from a source that's been reliable in the past.

Interesting about no ties. There were a ton of ties at the sale last year, even though I went on the last day of the sale! Maybe they've gotten better at managing the tie inventory in their stores?

Valmont said:
Interesting about no ties. There were a ton of ties at the sale last year, even though I went on the last day of the sale! Maybe they've gotten better at managing the tie inventory in their stores?

Or maybe they're holding back inventory.

AND the update:
My sis states:
NO HANDBAGS
NO TIES
NO SCARVES
NO JEWELRY
NO SMALL LEATHER GOODS
NO PERFUME

ONLY HOUSE WEAR, CRYSTAL, RTW, SHOES -LOTS OF PLATES INCLUDING THE CLASSIC H PLATES

WORST H SALE EVER. :*(

sleepyjae said:
AND the update:
My sis states:
NO HANDBAGS
NO TIES
NO SCARVES
NO JEWELRY
NO SMALL LEATHER GOODS
NO PERFUME

ONLY HOUSE WEAR, CRYSTAL, RTW, SHOES -LOTS OF PLATES INCLUDING THE CLASSIC H PLATES

WORST H SALE EVER. :*(

I need plates !!!!!! :smile:

sleepyjae said:
and the update:
My sis states:
No handbags
no ties
no scarves
no jewelry
no small leather goods
no perfume

only house wear, crystal, rtw, shoes -lots of plates including the classic h plates

worst h sale ever. :*(

+1

Thanks for the update as well.

I was going to take time off from work tomorrow but now I'll wait until Saturday and go see if I find a pair of shoes in my size.