Hermes Kabana/Cabana owners, I need your advices, please!!

Hello, lovelies!! I'm sorry for bumping this old thread but I've recently discovered the kabana/cabana model and I'm beyond intrigued!
They're found to found but I've narrowed down my search to these three lovely browns. Please help me in deciding? I'm not usually a brown bag girl but these three colors are gorgeous!!

1.) Not sure what leather this is, the listing did not specify:

1602159269698.png

2) A gorgeous Barenia:
Due to the leather there are more visible scratches on this one
1602159319140.png

3) Finally, a dark brown in swift leather:

1602159380630.png

Seeing that I will be using this as mainly a work bag - the dimension is perfect for a laptop and some books, it's not too bulky as too be too heavy, thin enough to look good on arms. This would also be my first H bag and I LOVE a good discountinued bag as I like to wear something different. Again sorry to bump such an old thread - apperciate all the comments :smile:

Hello, lovelies!! I'm sorry for bumping this old thread but I've recently discovered the kabana/cabana model and I'm beyond intrigued!
They're found to found but I've narrowed down my search to these three lovely browns. Please help me in deciding? I'm not usually a brown bag girl but these three colors are gorgeous!!

1.) Not sure what leather this is, the listing did not specify:

View attachment 4871784

2) A gorgeous Barenia:
Due to the leather there are more visible scratches on this one
View attachment 4871785

3) Finally, a dark brown in swift leather:

View attachment 4871786

Seeing that I will be using this as mainly a work bag - the dimension is perfect for a laptop and some books, it's not too bulky as too be too heavy, thin enough to look good on arms. This would also be my first H bag and I LOVE a good discountinued bag as I like to wear something different. Again sorry to bump such an old thread - apperciate all the comments :smile:
I think that the first bag is swift or gulliver and the third should be buffalo. I have a buffalo and I like it. I would always choose bareina first, then the buffalo, the dark brown is lovely. I like the cabana, it is very versatile... a little heavy but a lovely shape and comfortable to use. Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Jessnzhang
I think that the first bag is swift or gulliver and the third should be buffalo. I have a buffalo and I like it. I would always choose bareina first, then the buffalo, the dark brown is lovely. I like the cabana, it is very versatile... a little heavy but a lovely shape and comfortable to use. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the clarification!! I know that dark brown is soooo lovely. I'm usually not a brown bag kind of person and it's surprising that I like it. I really like the Cabana model as I've been looking for something that's not too bulky to wear over the shoulder. the prices on these aren't that bad either so it's a nice first H bag.

Thanks for the clarification!! I know that dark brown is soooo lovely. I'm usually not a brown bag kind of person and it's surprising that I like it. I really like the Cabana model as I've been looking for something that's not too bulky to wear over the shoulder. the prices on these aren't that bad either so it's a nice first H bag.
I'd probably buy the dark brown as it will show scratches and marks less

Hi Jessnzhang,
What did you end up deciding? The Bareina always looks scratched up when looking closely but from a food away you do not see the scratches and bareina seems to do well in weather ... so does buffalo all the best!

Hi Jessnzhang,
What did you end up deciding? The Bareina always looks scratched up when looking closely but from a food away you do not see the scratches and bareina seems to do well in weather ... so does buffalo all the best!

Hey wilmi!! Thanks for remebering!!! I was actually very drawn to the Bareina even if it had scratches, I thought it added a certain flavor to the bag and made it all the more unique. But UNFORTUNATELY, when I was ready to pull the trigger on it the bag had been sold :sad: Oh well, a lesson to everyone (including me): if you like it get it right away otherwise it could be gone. Thanks for the help ladies, much appreciated!

• Sad
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I know this is an old thread but I hope a Cabana owner can help me. Is the Cabana in buffalo leather a heavy bag? If you own one, can provide the exact weight? I love this style but I must avoid heavy bags.
Thank you

I know this is an old thread but I hope a Cabana owner can help me. Is the Cabana in buffalo leather a heavy bag? If you own one, can provide the exact weight? I love this style but I must avoid heavy bags.
Thank you

My cabana in fjord weighs 2.4lb or 1.1kg. According to this thread, buffalo weighs less than fjord.

My cabana in fjord weighs 2.4lb or 1.1kg. According to this thread, buffalo weighs less than fjord.
Thank you!

Reactions: shopaholicious