Hermes in Vancouver, B.C.

That is a lot of money you already spent. Did you tell her any specific colour, size and leather combination you like? I still haven't been able to get a K but was offered B twice last year. I did not spent nearly as much as you before I bought a B last year. A lot of my H items were purchased in the States before our dollar got weak and my SA is fully aware of that. I am not into their RTW. I didn't buy fine jewelry except one bracelet. Maybe you need to have a chat with your SA to see what is going on? Could it be that they just didn't receive the ones with your specification? My SA did tell me that we can try for a K this year but no promises as the boutique doesn't get many Ks. She even mentioned I probably would need to wait till next year. Then again I am aiming for 28, I'd take a 32 if it's an awesome colour. So that might be part of the reason I am waiting extra long.

I'm not even "on the list". I had the b/k chat with her earlier this year and was told I need to buy more from non-leather department. she didn't even take down my preferences like she did with my other bags and wallets. I know she has many wealthy clients who would buy anything she asks them to buy in a the blink of an eye for an offer of b/k, but I'm not like that. I guess I'll just keep purchasing things I truly like, and hope for one day being offered b/k.

I'm not even "on the list". I had the b/k chat with her earlier this year and was told I need to buy more from non-leather department. she didn't even take down my preferences like she did with my other bags and wallets. I know she has many wealthy clients who would buy anything she asks them to buy in a the blink of an eye for an offer of b/k, but I'm not like that. I guess I'll just keep purchasing things I truly like, and hope for one day being offered b/k.

It's true that this store has many obscenely wealthy clients who can afford to drop a bundle there without a thought; however, I did not buy any RTW, bags or SLGs.I stayed the course and bought what I loved: bracelets and scarves, and lo and behold: this year I finally was offered a K28. Mind you. this took a couple of years, and I did start off with another equally nice SA but I just did not resonate with him. My advice is to keep doing what you're doing: you'll get your bag!

It's true that this store has many obscenely wealthy clients who can afford to drop a bundle there without a thought; however, I did not buy any RTW, bags or SLGs.I stayed the course and bought what I loved: bracelets and scarves, and lo and behold: this year I finally was offered a K28. Mind you. this took a couple of years, and I did start off with another equally nice SA but I just did not resonate with him. My advice is to keep doing what you're doing: you'll get your bag!

You are so right, the store has many obscenely wealthy clients. They probably get offered bags all the time,

Congratulations on the K28! Must be really cute!

I don't really know if there really is a list. I have never given really specific specifications because that way I might wait forever for a bag. What my SA does is asking what kind of colours would suit my needs. Whether I am planning to use the bag for work or evenings. She knows my preference so she'd call when she sees something in my preferred colours or something she thinks would work for me.

Don't buy anything you don't like. Have a chat with your SA. Remind her from time to time. You will get your bag!

congratulations on your K28! and thank you for boosting my confidence!

I don't really know if there really is a list. I have never given really specific specifications because that way I might wait forever for a bag. What my SA does is asking what kind of colours would suit my needs. Whether I am planning to use the bag for work or evenings. She knows my preference so she'd call when she sees something in my preferred colours or something she thinks would work for me.

Don't buy anything you don't like. Have a chat with your SA. Remind her from time to time. You will get your bag!

thank you for making me feel I made the right decision! My SA knows what color I like and dislike, just wish someday she would remember to call and bring the good news :lol:

Thanks, snarfy! It's a great sz for me, plus I love the fact that it's sellier and GHW. I'm sure your B is gorgeous, too! May I ask what colour is your B?

You guys are right, it is silly to buy other items which you don't really want/like.
I mean, when we shop at Chanel or any other stores, we were not expected to do so before being offered the actual items we want.
However, I do know the reason why they hint, as it is their job. So, if we are in their shoes and need to make a living (while major bags do not get them commission? from what I believe.... not sure, if it is the same situation as other countries' H stores). then, of course they would be more willing to offer that special item to the clients who actually gives them commission. So, if you look at the situation that way, it is extremely understandable.

I do purchase little things here and there. but ONLY things that I actually want/like, or else we are simply just 'jacking up' the price of the bag we truly want heehee. I do have a nice SA and was given some 'background info', so, his honesty really helped me understand how it works there :smile: