Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Next the pantheon, and the amazing oculus. We went in the morning

One of the things that surprised us, was that newer buildings are built right next to the ancient structures. Or in fact sometimes on top of ancient structures.
First up, teatro du Marcello- looks a lot like a smaller colosseum but was actually built first. Still used today as an open air amphitheater during the summer. More surprising were the 2 stories of apartments( privately owned) on top.
So prized, a tiny apartment recently sold for 10million !
This part of Rome was surprisingly uncrowded..
Next up- the pantheon. We went in the morning, and got right in and had a surprisingly emotional reaction- with the realization of how many people had stood where we were for over 2000 years! Would love to be there on a rainy day to see the rain pour down through the oculus.
If the exterior of the pantheon looks familiar, it is because so many later buildings all over the world have copied the style of the facade. Final picture is the entry to the British Museum in London.

FYI Rome felt very safe. Yes there were police and military at the main tourist sites, plus the bag checks.IMG_4555.JPG IMG_4563.JPG IMG_4346.JPG IMG_4481.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG

The bowing one was :notworthy:, I think.
not-worthy.gif

.food- mostly we just ate it, and forgot to take pix. But I did get a pic of the best dessert we had- a custard tart with tiny wild strawberries on top. Just amazing! Love how they use whatever is in season.
The garbage cans outside the gelato places made me laugh.
The best ravioli , I failed to get any pix, because I was so hungry! Here is a pic of the special pasta of the day- asparagus and prosciutto on fettuccini.
IMG_4619.JPG IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4382.JPG

I knew via condotti was the major upscale shopping street, which I envisioned to be like rue faubourg st honore. In fact it was more like an alley! Occasionally there were cars, but much of the day, pedestrians were in the middle of the "street" as well as the narrow sidewalks..
1. Original H store on Condotti, was a petit H store. New H store is just around corner on an even smaller street.
2. Via condotti and Spanish steps
3. Pink Vespa! Where is Audrey with a full skirt and a scarf flying in the breeze?

IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4377.JPG

The yet again updated master list - Lost but not forgotten emojis! :smile:
Use the text between colons, no spaces to get them to appear.

So far we have:
beach
upsidedown
shrugs
popcorn
spiderweb
rofimfao
faint
dog
peace
queen
catlick
bagslap
king
olympics
hysteric
sleeping
broom
sunshine
thinking
blush
clap
balloon
woot
ps
speedy
wacko
ty
jrs
woohoo
ghi5
sneaky
wlae
presents
jammin
search
kitty

Last edited:
The yet again updated master list - Lost but not forgotten emojis! :smile:
Use the text between colons, no spaces to get them to appear.

So far we have:
beach
upsidedown
shrugs
popcorn
spiderweb
rofimfao
faint
dog
peace
queen
catlick
bagslap
king
olympics
hysteric
sleeping
broom
sunshine
thinking
blush
clap
balloon
woot
ps
speedy
wacko
ty
jrs
woohoo
ghi5
sneaky
wlae
presents
Thank you for compiling the list! I have noted them all down ready to use any time!