Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Chatsters-
I am recently back from a wonderful trip and thought I might share some bits with you.
ROME. We spent the last week of May there. It was first time for DH, and I was last there many years ago with my family. So it was really new for both of us.
Yes, we had great weather. Sunny every day, afternoon highs in the 80s. Rome is a very walkable city, and we did a lot of walking in addition to eating! Yes, there were a lot of people. But we were somewhat prepared for that as we have recently spent quite a bit of time in London and Paris. If you have been thinking about going, I urge you to go.
Recently some of the premier "sites" such as the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps have been cleaned to a sparking white beauty, thanks to private corporate sponsorship.
Ok, this post showcases 2 of the most crowded places we visited- Trevi fountain( first pic has people cleverly edited out) and the last pic shows the hordes trying to get a selfie!
And the top place to visit on my wishlist was the Colosseum. We started fairly early in the morning, and for the first time hired a private guide. The colosseum itself is so massive, that you don't feel crowded. This allowed us to "skip the line". The forum was not nearly as crowded, but there were still long lines by 11:30am or so.
View attachment 3747059 View attachment 3747064 View attachment 3747065 View attachment 3747066 View attachment 3747067

Great photos! I love Rome. Such a spirited city. More to come?

Reactions: prepster
Chatsters-
I am recently back from a wonderful trip and thought I might share some bits with you.
ROME. We spent the last week of May there. It was first time for DH, and I was last there many years ago with my family. So it was really new for both of us.
Yes, we had great weather. Sunny every day, afternoon highs in the 80s. Rome is a very walkable city, and we did a lot of walking in addition to eating! Yes, there were a lot of people. But we were somewhat prepared for that as we have recently spent quite a bit of time in London and Paris. If you have been thinking about going, I urge you to go.
Recently some of the premier "sites" such as the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps have been cleaned to a sparking white beauty, thanks to private corporate sponsorship.
Ok, this post showcases 2 of the most crowded places we visited- Trevi fountain( first pic has people cleverly edited out) and the last pic shows the hordes trying to get a selfie!
And the top place to visit on my wishlist was the Colosseum. We started fairly early in the morning, and for the first time hired a private guide. The colosseum itself is so massive, that you don't feel crowded. This allowed us to "skip the line". The forum was not nearly as crowded, but there were still long lines by 11:30am or so.
View attachment 3747059 View attachment 3747064 View attachment 3747065 View attachment 3747066 View attachment 3747067

Gorgeous pics, and look at the sky! Looks like you had perfect weather. Rome is one of my favorite cities for architecture! Something spectacular everywhere you look. I just found it so thrilling to visit there and see so much of what I'd studied. Brings back fun memories to see your pics. :flowers:

Reactions: prepster
Guys, I need the scripts to recreate these! Even when I quote, it still just shows the graphics.

I use an iPad: when I hold my finger on the graphic long enough, it shows the name. When you copy or type the word including the colons (:....:), you can see the graphic when using "preview".

Here are a few more random ones:
:bagslap: :king: :olympics: :hysteric: :sleeping:

(bagslap, king, olympics, hysteric, sleeping)

I think we need a master list of the lost but not forgotten emojis! :smile:
Use the text between colons, no spaces to get them to appear.

So far we have:
beach
upsidedown
shrugs
popcorn
spiderweb
rofimfao
faint
dog
peace
queen
catlick
bagslap
king
olympics
hysteric
sleeping
broom

Also:
thinking
sunshine

Maybe start a new thread? :lol:But of course it's not specifically H-related :thinking:

Sorry Mindi, no luck so far, but I'll keep searching! :blush:

Still looking for some that I thought would be quite easy to find, like the ninja and the emojis holding up the signs like The purseforum rocks, 10, Pics needed etc. Also believe there was a tumbleweed?

You've found so many for us! :flowers: Agree, some seem like they'd be easier to recreate than they are. Loved ninja! Also the bowing one (as in bowing in respect)...can't quite figure out what the text was.