Hermes Boutiques in France (besides Paris)

Avignon is also a franchise store, if I'm correct, which may affect stock. The last time I was there they had almost no bags of any kind. But the SAs were super nice!

Avignon is indeed a franchise store. This boutique did not use Global Blue for VAT refund when I was there and instead their method seemed rather archaic. Receipt was a printed piece of paper and the envelope used to mail the form back was not pre-paid so you’d have to buy your own stamp. I don’t even recall receiving this refund. Nonetheless, the service was outstanding and the boutique and SA’s were so charming! My SA, Christine, was so elegant and exemplified all things Hermes. She took pleasure in discussing different items in detail and encouraged me to touch and try everything on. The city itself is serene and quaint. The Hermes boutique is a short leisurely walk from the train station.

Men’s Ready to wear, leather goods on the first floor; jewelry, home decor, and women’s on the second.

Aside from a couple of toile men’s travel bags, the display case was sparse.

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
Avignon is indeed a franchise store. This boutique did not use Global Blue for VAT refund when I was there and instead their method seemed rather archaic. Receipt was a printed piece of paper and the envelope used to mail the form back was not pre-paid so you’d have to buy your own stamp. I don’t even recall receiving this refund. Nonetheless, the service was outstanding and the boutique and SA’s were so charming! My SA, Christine, was so elegant and exemplified all things Hermes. She took pleasure in discussing different items in detail and encouraged me to touch and try everything on. The city itself is serene and quaint. The Hermes boutique is a short leisurely walk from the train station.

Men’s Ready to wear, leather goods on the first floor; jewelry, home decor, and women’s on the second.

Aside from a couple of toile men’s travel bags, the display case was sparse.

I experienced that same archaic tax refund method when I shopped at Hermes in Paris. Is that not their tax refund norm?

I experienced that same archaic tax refund method when I shopped at Hermes in Paris. Is that not their tax refund norm?

Sorry, I should of clarified- VAT refund receipt was a 8x11" sheet of computer paper that used an Excel template instead of the long thermal receipt we're used to getting from Global Blue. Envelope was a standard correspondence envelope with an address in Belgium printed on a sticky label. I received my customs stamp in Italy and since all the text was in French the agent did not know where to stamp.

Reactions: PaperbagPrincessD
Hi Everyone. I’m planning on going to the South of France this summer. I’m wondering if anyone knows if there’s any chance of scoring a birkin, kelly, or Constance there? I’ve read that the Evelyn is a lot cheaper in France than in U.S. so I’m thinking of grabbing one while I’m there. Are there any other items anyone would recommend grabbing while I’m down there due to prices being way cheaper? Thanks in advance.

I got a GP36 in black at Cannes 2 years ago, which was the exact bag I wanted. I saved a lot of $ not just due to the Euro but also not paying sales tax like you would if you bought it here.

They were lovely at that store and kept the bag for me until end of day as I did not want to park with the orange bag and box in our car.

You may also want to consider jewelry and shoes...

Reactions: PaperbagPrincessD
I got a GP36 in black at Cannes 2 years ago, which was the exact bag I wanted. I saved a lot of $ not just due to the Euro but also not paying sales tax like you would if you bought it here.

They were lovely at that store and kept the bag for me until end of day as I did not want to park with the orange bag and box in our car.

You may also want to consider jewelry and shoes...

Thanks. How much % duties did you have to pay once you got back to the states?

Thanks. How much % duties did you have to pay once you got back to the states?

There's a thread about the duty and customs experience. Make sure you declare if you have spent over $800 (you can combine with family members to increase the amount, for example you+spouse is $1,600). Quite often they will waive you through without paying extra if you declare. If you spend a lot and have to pay there is an official scale based on what you bought, but many agents apply a flat rate. If you find the thread here in the subforum there is a ton of info. But definitely declare, its not worth risking it.
Also, K,B,C tough to get in south of france but you never know, good luck!

There's a thread about the duty and customs experience. Make sure you declare if you have spent over $800 (you can combine with family members to increase the amount, for example you+spouse is $1,600). Quite often they will waive you through without paying extra if you declare. If you spend a lot and have to pay there is an official scale based on what you bought, but many agents apply a flat rate. If you find the thread here in the subforum there is a ton of info. But definitely declare, its not worth risking it.
Also, K,B,C tough to get in south of france but you never know, good luck!

Thank you for your answer [emoji846]