Hermes bags with no date or atelier code: how many are there and does anyone have one

I also have a vintage brown Kelly box calf sellier 35 that has no stamp and very rare that clochette was covered by the same leather as I believed that only exotic bag they doing it.. but I know these is a special as it has no year stamp also … as I’ve read that special bag doesn’t have year stamp … I don’t know but love these Kelly one ., she’s stunning

Reactions: Vyvera
I also have a vintage brown Kelly box calf sellier 35 that has no stamp and very rare that clochette was covered by the same leather as I believed that only exotic bag they doing it.. but I know these is a special as it has no year stamp also … as I’ve read that special bag doesn’t have year stamp … I don’t know but love these Kelly one ., she’s stunning
I know there’s a lot of those no year stamp especially in vintage old Kelly bags.. but as long as it’s authentic nothing to worries .

Last edited:
I have a pre-owned vintage Kelly 32 in Boxcalf without any stamps. I sent it to the H spa, which I do with every pre-owned bag I buy, and they said it happens, maybe the previous owner had the straps changed. It doesn't bother me in the least but , for the record, I tried listing it on a well known European website and they refused it. I told them I had bought it from them a few years ago, they checked and after that they accepted it, but they had annoyed me so much that I closed my account with them.

It's my bag twin! Mine's a (non exotic) K28 with a leather-covered clochette, too. Mine's from the 1940s and I hope to have as few wrinkles as this bag when I'm her age.

Hi everyone! This is so informative. I'm so glad I found this thread. The opposite happened to me. I came across a bag with a double impression of a date/artisan code on a Birkin. It came back as authentic (authenticated by Bababebi)—apparently, this is normal and happens from time to time.

Oh wow. Thanks for finding this thread. I just posted about this a few days ago asking for some info. My Mini Evelyne that I bought at an Hermes Airport Boutique has no date stamp. I posted the pic actually. One experienced TPFer thought they saw a faint stamp but i could not see it if my life depended on it. Now I know that my bag is extra special. Yay

Hello everyone - I just purchased a Hermes Kelly wallet from a well-known reseller. The wallet is in great condition, but I can't read the date code. I've used a flashlight, but still can make out what's inside the square. Can anyone else? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 37
one of my SO birkins came w/ no date stamp. luckily I noticed within a wk. The manager said that it didnt matter but I told her that I was uncomfortable w/o one. She said - alright, we'll have to send back for it to get one, I said - fine.

I got it back within a wk. Turns out that they received the stamp press for the new yr (this was in Jan) so they could do it there. Turned out for the best since I prefered the initial of the new yr since it has special meaning for me. So for me, it's one of my most meaningful bags and one of the ones I use the most. (Initially, I wasnt too happy with it since the colour came out different from the leather sample in bk, btw.)
The problem is, if you travel they need to confirm your receipt serial number with the code in the bag. Also for insurance purposes. With out it stamped your out of luck with jnsurance and will have to pay customs if traveling internationally if they as for paperwork. We just got a Kelly 28 with no stamp. Waiting to hear back from our sa. Currently on vacation.