Hermes Apple watch

I think it's ripe time for an upgrade. The series 6 is my first Apple Watch and I wasn't even sure if I would like a fitness watch. However after only a few days, I find the activity/ sleep tracking helpful. I also enjoy having ECG and Blood Oxygen features. The challenges keep me entertained.

I got the aluminum version, really wish I bought stainless version. As to Hermes, hmmm...(like you said) it's just a piece of technology so I don't know.... Also, I workout a ton throughout the day, so I probably wouldn't use the leather bands very often.

Tech experts predict Series 7 will have the square edges like the new iPhones. And as you know every new style sticks around for a few years. So...if indeed that happens, I will upgrade next year to the stainless steel one. :smile::biggrin::smile:

Ah! Did not know the style was going to change for the series 7. That may make my decision easier. I use my Apple Watch mainly for working out and just tracking daily activity but love the idea of being able to switch to the beautiful leather bands. I also adore the Hermes faces. I may have to just wait and pull the trigger when series 7 comes out haha. Thanks for your input!

I have the Hermes Apple watch eventhough I tend to upgrade every year (iPhones too). My reasoning for this is that I always get a good amount of money for my watch/phone when I sell it after only one year. So each year I only pay the small amount that is the price difference between my old and my new watch.
This year I also have in mind that the form factor might be different with the coming series 7. But not everyone is interested in always having the latest and greatest. So I'm quite confident that people will still be interested in buying an Hermes series 6. Especially because I haven't used the bands from my current watch yet. I prefer the solo loop at the moment and already own older Hermes bands. Selling my Hermes watch with unused bands will be quite easy in September.

View attachment 5022067

I love your watch and sports band! Many thanks for your input. I didn’t realize selling Apple watches were easy. Where do you usually sell them? I just assumed it would be difficult to sell and upgrade for some reason :rolleyes: if that’s the case, I wouldn’t mind selling and upgrading more often. I think I’m definitely going to wait for that series 7 though. I’m the type that likes to have the latest and greatest when I do upgrade haha

Ah! Did not know the style was going to change for the series 7. That may make my decision easier. I use my Apple Watch mainly for working out and just tracking daily activity but love the idea of being able to switch to the beautiful leather bands. I also adore the Hermes faces. I may have to just wait and pull the trigger when series 7 comes out haha. Thanks for your input!

I love your watch and sports band! Many thanks for your input. I didn’t realize selling Apple watches were easy. Where do you usually sell them? I just assumed it would be difficult to sell and upgrade for some reason :rolleyes: if that’s the case, I wouldn’t mind selling and upgrading more often. I think I’m definitely going to wait for that series 7 though. I’m the type that likes to have the latest and greatest when I do upgrade haha

I like to sell on EBay and (fortunately) have never had any hassle or issues. I achieve the best prices when I set it up as an auction starting at 1 Euro. Sorry, I don't know if I'm using the right terms here. English is not my native language. I'm always surprised at how high people tend to bid on things when they start at a low price. Must be our hunter and gatherer genes.
I can totally understand your approach of waiting for the 7. I'm not buying any new expensive bands right now for the same reason because it might well be that I will have to get rid of a lot of used stuff by September. I also like wearing the latest and greatest.

• Wow
Reactions: Bereal
I like to sell on EBay and (fortunately) have never had any hassle or issues. I achieve the best prices when I set it up as an auction starting at 1 Euro. Sorry, I don't know if I'm using the right terms here. English is not my native language. I'm always surprised at how high people tend to bid on things when they start at a low price. Must be our hunter and gatherer genes.
I can totally understand your approach of waiting for the 7. I'm not buying any new expensive bands right now for the same reason because it might well be that I will have to get rid of a lot of used stuff by September. I also like wearing the latest and greatest.

Thanks for sharing, appreciate it! I’ll have to look into it :idea:

Reactions: phoenixfeather
hi ! i had a question, and sorry if this sounds super superficial, but i was watching a youtube video where one girl went to the boutique to get her apple watch (vs. going to the apple store) and they were able to package her watch beautifully in a huge box with ribbon. for those that purchased in the boutique directly, did you have this same experience or was the watch box itself just placed into a bag and that was it ? again, sorry if this sounds so minuscule, i just think sometimes going into the boutique itself for that experience is better than going to the apple store haha

hi ! i had a question, and sorry if this sounds super superficial, but i was watching a youtube video where one girl went to the boutique to get her apple watch (vs. going to the apple store) and they were able to package her watch beautifully in a huge box with ribbon. for those that purchased in the boutique directly, did you have this same experience or was the watch box itself just placed into a bag and that was it ? again, sorry if this sounds so minuscule, i just think sometimes going into the boutique itself for that experience is better than going to the apple store haha
The Hermes Apple Watch comes in a long Hermes orange box, no matter where you purchase it, I believe. If you buy at the Hermes store, they are likely to wrap and tie it in their standard brown ribbon. Do be aware though that purchasing from an Apple store will give you a no questions asked return policy for 14 days whereas buying at Hermes gives a store credit return policy and only if unopened, otherwise no returns. It shouldn’t matter if you are set on your purchase but I do know some people tend to return things more often.

The Hermes Apple Watch comes in a long Hermes orange box, no matter where you purchase it, I believe. If you buy at the Hermes store, they are likely to wrap and tie it in their standard brown ribbon. Do be aware though that purchasing from an Apple store will give you a no questions asked return policy for 14 days whereas buying at Hermes gives a store credit return policy and only if unopened, otherwise no returns. It shouldn’t matter if you are set on your purchase but I do know some people tend to return things more often.
ah yes thank you !! sorry for clarification this is what i meant (pics attached) :smile: and i think i’m pretty set on my purchase, i have a series 2 right now (haha idk how it survived this long) so its definitely time for an upgrade !!

Attachments

• B166E3E9-639D-43D5-BCD9-5EE059EB59CD.jpeg
    B166E3E9-639D-43D5-BCD9-5EE059EB59CD.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 27DE8A48-B304-4115-ADCD-840B83FFB5A4.jpeg
    27DE8A48-B304-4115-ADCD-840B83FFB5A4.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: uhpharm01
ah yes thank you !! sorry for clarification this is what i meant (pics attached) :smile: and i think i’m pretty set on my purchase, i have a series 2 right now (haha idk how it survived this long) so its definitely time for an upgrade !!
Oh, my store did not include an extra larger box like that and I don’t think it’s typical but you never know!

Reactions: amanda.tnguyen
When I ordered my first Hermes watch from Apple it came with some imperfections on the steel body on the watch. Like acrowcounted said above, I could simply send it back. No questions asked, eventhough the package had been opened. Sending things back and ordering in general is very quick with Apple. I would have liked to buy my Hermes watch directly at an Apple store or at an Hermes boutique though. But in my country no shop has been open since late November. I can only shop online at the moment. :sad:
If you order online from Hermes you can also request gift wrapping or gift packaging. I did this with one of my watch bands and received the ribbon around my box.

Reactions: uhpharm01
Those with the double tour strap, is it comfortable for daily wear?TIA!
I have two of the regular width double tour. I find that with both (different leathers) I frequently accidentally press the crown just by bending my wrist a bir because the watch is closer to my hand. But I love the look so I guess it’s fashion over function. ;)

Not sure if right thread...but Apple is currently holding their spring product announcement event and they annouced AirTags - basically a tracker that you can attach to other things like your keys, so you can use it to find them. Hermes is making a set of handcrafted leather accessories for it - bag charm, luggage tag, key ring.

2021-04-20.png

edit: another photo
4D2889AC-8566-4DEA-BDFC-0FCA2B8DBCDD.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if right thread...but Apple is currently holding their spring product announcement event and they annouced AirTags - basically a tracker that you can attach to other things like your keys, so you can use it to find them. Hermes is making a set of handcrafted leather accessories for it - bag charm, luggage tag, key ring.

View attachment 5060709
If only they had a So Black version.

• Love
Reactions: uhpharm01 and Perja
It wasn’t clear during the announcement but it’s a Cloud de Selle logo stamped AirTag rather than the normal AirTag logo. According to Apple the colors will be Fauve Barenia, Bleu Indigo, and Orange for the bag charm and key ring. The luggage tag and travel tag seem to only be in Barenia.

View attachment 5060709

D509F7E8-2F9D-4EEE-8A53-7842D16C4F5E.jpeg

It wasn’t clear during the announcement but it’s a Cloud de Selle logo stamped AirTag rather than the normal AirTag logo. According to Apple the colors will be Fauve Barenia, Bleu Indigo, and Orange for the bag charm and key ring. The luggage tag and travel tag seem to only be in Barenia.

View attachment 5060788
Love it! Don’t need them, but I think it’s great Apple did a version with H.

Reactions: Senbei