Hermes and Friends ...

In the nicest way - I envy the SG girls! None of my friend are Hermes fans. TO be honest even if they were they could not afford it so me being able to buy it (thank you my dear hardworking DH) might lead to an uncomfortable atmosphere.

Oh, none of my real life friends are into H and have the financial capability too, and I prefer not to talk about these stuff to them.

None of my close friends are into anything designer – it's expensive raising kids. If it were not for a few extremely lucky breaks my husband and I have had independently, nor would I be into designer gear. Most people I mix with are middle-class professional folk, but no one spends any significant portion of their income on fashion. The only indulgence after a decent house and car is perhaps food... we all looooove good food :drool:

Among my friends, Coach, Cole Haan or Furla are considered relative luxuries (btw, these are way more expensive in Asia than in the US), and most ladies of my acquaintance might aspire to one or two LV/Gucci/Dior pieces once every couple of years, if at all.

The reason why my first love is Balenciaga is because of their complete understatement. However, I have come to appreciate the quality that goes into Hermes, and once I have tasted the quality, it is hard to settle for less. Just as well no one in my circle knows what a Birkin is. I have been toting my Birkins around without any comment, but take out my Chanels with their huge double-Cs and everyone one ooohs and aaahs.

Shopping with friends is absolutely much more fun .. the social aspect, doing lunch, chatting, etc .. but when it comes down to the serious "need" to shop (ie need to get a pair of black pants, jeans or Hermes bag :smile: .. I prefer to that alone so that I can focus.

If we're just browsing, then I love to go with friends and make a day of it, but if I want to look for something specific, then I need to be on my own. I hate waiting for others and I hate having others have to wait for me.

depends on what shopping i have to do, if it's serious shopping i def. need to do it alone. I usually plan my strategy of which shops and spending budget at each one etc. If can be so much more fun with friends but i hate the pressure to always come home with something,

Shop alone versus shop in company?
Shopping with friends is the best!!! Shopping alone is just buying, shopping with friends is experience!!!
But I have some friends who are not so much into H and I would rather have lunch with 'em than shop. But the ones into H--super fun!
Wouldn't shopping with friends cause a problem, if more than one of us like the same thing and must have the same thing? And if I would compete? Or would I mind if someone wants the exact same bag with the exact same combo?
I don't mind having the same H bags/accessories as my friends.It's the way we carry them that makes the difference.And besides, having the same accessories is somewhat of a conversational piece...
If my friend likes the one that I like from H, and there's only one piece available, then I will give in.That shows how much I value friendship more. You're right mrssparkles life is too short...

If we're just browsing, then I love to go with friends and make a day of it, but if I want to look for something specific, then I need to be on my own. I hate waiting for others and I hate having others have to wait for me.

My feelings exactly.

Most of my friends are not able to spend a lot of money on frivolous things like bags or shoes, so I've tried to keep my new H obsession as low key as possible. They would send me to a shrink if they knew the prices..

Then I usually travel alone, so H-shopping is lonely business for me :smile: Bus as someone already has said, when doing some serious shopping, I prefer to do it alone anyway to be able to concentrate.

MrsS, your threads are always so much fun to read, here are mine:
I would love to shop with a friend or friends but I have known some who have sold things off to consignment stores as they mentioned it to me in passing. While I have no problems that they sell off stuff that they no longer want, my H store (with whom I have recently cultivated a relationship) frowns upon such activity. So, it's a catch 22 for me. On 1 hand, I would love to shop in company, on the other I don't want to have the store inform me that some of my friends are selling to consignment stores (even though they have owned the item/s for more than a year and I personally have never indulged in that activity) and that now I am on their watch list, (perhaps I am being paranoid!). So, I shop alone or with DH who has been very supportive of all my H purchases. I'm just counting my lucky stars.

Wouldn't shopping with friends cause a problem, if more than one of us like the same thing and must have the same thing? And if I would compete? Or would I mind if someone wants the exact same bag with the exact same combo?
I don't care if someone has the same thing as me, I'm not that special :lol:. Seriously, I couldn't care less.

Hope that answers your questions.

And it's been so nice meeting you.:smile:

:heart:

Asa, I wish I have more oppourtunities to know you and each person better, there's so much going on in the outing there's not much chances to talk a lot to each! And it's always much more interesting to listen, there is so much that I don't know.

The only indulgence after a decent house and car is perhaps food... we all looooove good food :drool:

I love my food too, and that is what makes me feel right at home with the sg ladies here - each and every one of them love their food. That's very important to me for bonding, to have this in common. :graucho:

I have a pretty long drive to visit H stores or counters, and since most of my girlfriends tend to shop online I usually go to H by myself. I like the time to be introspective, and rather quiet. Almost reverent! I would love the company, and have kidnapped a gal or two if it's on the way, but it's usually a guilty pleasure for me!

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Although DH and I have looked at the same wallets together, I've never been shopping possesive.

Among other things, I've ended up with the same stylist (hello, two very different girls with the exact blonde highlights?) and nail techs (2 or 3 girls with french manicured hands) so it's nothing new. It's considered very sweet in my family to order the same thing. Food, clothes, the works. The same, family or fiends, I like sharing little shopping obsessions! :graucho:

I never go out shopping alone. It is fun to discuss with friends and help each other make a decision.

I don't mind at all if my friends have the exact same thing with me. I believe that everyone has their own character and style even we have the same bag, it will totally look different with each person. I always want to be happy and want my friends to be happy too. I wouldn't even want to think of competing or comparing with anyone especially my friends. It is very unhealthy and unhappy to be it.

mrssparkles You are such a sweet lovely person. I can really see that. I am sure all your friends do love you. :yes::heart::yes:

I have a pretty long drive to visit H stores or counters, and since most of my girlfriends tend to shop online I usually go to H by myself. I like the time to be introspective, and rather quiet. Almost reverent! I would love the company, and have kidnapped a gal or two if it's on the way, but it's usually a guilty pleasure for me!

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Although DH and I have looked at the same wallets together, I've never been shopping possesive.

Among other things, I've ended up with the same stylist (hello, two very different girls with the exact blonde highlights?) and nail techs (2 or 3 girls with french manicured hands) so it's nothing new. It's considered very sweet in my family to order the same thing. Food, clothes, the works. The same, family or fiends, I like sharing little shopping obsessions! :graucho:

Whoa, I meant to say family or friends. I had no idea fiends was so close a word!! :roflmfao: