Hermes 24/24 Strap-Which do you prefer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 626500
  • Start date
I love that strap. I like the longer one on you.
I echo these sentiments. I also have the 24/24 29cm, and I love a longer crossbody strap for it. I have the 105cm Flipperball sangle, and a wider guitar-style strap from Etsy, also 105cm. I find both of these to be infinitely preferable to the thin leather strap that came with the bag. It's just a bit too short to be useful, IMHO.

Your purple tassle is a lovely pop of color to that beauty of yours!

Reactions: hclubfan
I echo these sentiments. I also have the 24/24 29cm, and I love a longer crossbody strap for it. I have the 105cm Flipperball sangle, and a wider guitar-style strap from Etsy, also 105cm. I find both of these to be infinitely preferable to the thin leather strap that came with the bag. It's just a bit too short to be useful, IMHO.

Your purple tassle is a lovely pop of color to that beauty of yours!
Thank you. I love the flipperball sangle. You're lucky to have found it--they're impossible to track down.
Now that I finally found this, I'm wondering if I need it???
I just added a photo. I'm not sure if the quadrille strap adds anything, if I need it, and if I return, will I regret it?

Thank you. I love the flipperball sangle. You're lucky to have found it--they're impossible to track down.
Now that I finally found this, I'm wondering if I need it???
I just added a photo. I'm not sure if the quadrille strap adds anything, if I need it, and if I return, will I regret it?
How do you find yourself carrying the bag most of the time? Do you prefer by hand to over the shoulder or crossbody? I myself mostly carry by hand, but love the convenience of a longer strap to either put over my shoulder when both hands are occupied with shopping bags or crossbody when I'm briskly walking in the city and want a little extra security. I love the quadrille strap, and think the colors beautifully complement your bag, but you know yourself best of all.

How do you find yourself carrying the bag most of the time? Do you prefer by hand to over the shoulder or crossbody? I myself mostly carry by hand, but love the convenience of a longer strap to either put over my shoulder when both hands are occupied with shopping bags or crossbody when I'm briskly walking in the city and want a little extra security. I love the quadrille strap, and think the colors beautifully complement your bag, but you know yourself best of all.
Exactly the way you're wearing yours. I had a 24/24/29 loved it, and wore it to death. However, I paired it with an 85mm strap, (I'm petite) as I thought the 105 was too long.
Last week the 105 came up, I was told it could be shortened so I bought it and then the next day the 85 appeared on the website which is how I ended up with two. To my surprise, the 105 is more comfortable than the 85.
The one that comes with the bag is nonsense. As between the two quadrille straps, I prefer the longer one.
Just like you, I will probably wear it hand-held most of the time, but, like you, if I'm trying to balance shopping bags and marketing and the like--it's advantageous to be able to wear the bag cross-body.
Now I'm second-guessing myself--I'm wondering if the quadrille strap adds anything? Is it more stunning without the strap?
I've been debating this too much to a point where I can't begin to decide. Before returning both straps (which is what happens when I can't make up my mind) I thought I'd put it out there and get some differing perspectives.
My mom was always spot on--but she's not around anymore, so I'm putting this out to my TPF family.

Exactly the way you're wearing yours. I had a 24/24/29 loved it, and wore it to death. However, I paired it with an 85mm strap, (I'm petite) as I thought the 105 was too long.
Last week the 105 came up, I was told it could be shortened so I bought it and then the next day the 85 appeared on the website which is how I ended up with two. To my surprise, the 105 is more comfortable than the 85.
The one that comes with the bag is nonsense. As between the two quadrille straps, I prefer the longer one.
Just like you, I will probably wear it hand-held most of the time, but, like you, if I'm trying to balance shopping bags and marketing and the like--it's advantageous to be able to wear the bag cross-body.
Now I'm second-guessing myself--I'm wondering if the quadrille strap adds anything? Is it more stunning without the strap?
I've been debating this too much to a point where I can't begin to decide. Before returning both straps (which is what happens when I can't make up my mind) I thought I'd put it out there and get some differing perspectives.
My mom was always spot on--but she's not around anymore, so I'm putting this out to my TPF family.
I say return the 85 and keep the 105. It works as both crossbody and shoulder at that length, and you can always just take it off when you don't want a strap.

I think the Quadrille strap is gorgeous and looks great with your bag. For me it would be a keeper. You are the one who has to love it though. :flowers:

I say return the 85 and keep the 105. It works as both crossbody and shoulder at that length, and you can always just take it off when you don't want a strap.

I think the Quadrille strap is gorgeous and looks great with your bag. For me it would be a keeper. You are the one who has to love it though. :flowers:
Thank you--much appreciated! That's sound advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cakeymakeybakey