Herbag denim transfer :((((

Oct 6, 2009
Help Please! Today I noticed that my new etoupe herbag has noticeable denim transfer on the cloth from my denim. I took it to my SA and she recommended I take the bag to my dry cleaners since its cloth, but is not sureit will come out at all :sad:(. Im so so sad. I love this bag. Do you ladies have any tips? Iam so tempted to try to clean it myself but don't know what to try.

Find the best drycleaner in your area, and take it to them. If you're in California, I think there's a branch of Hallak in LA (or you could send it to NYC), and there's Peninou in the Bay Area. I'm sure there are others. If you try to clean it yourself, you risk ruining it beyond recovery. A drycleaner will at least start with a working knowledge of how to remove dye transfer without damaging the fabric.

Also, take a picture and ask DOCRIDE on the Vintage Leather thread (under the Reference category). I'm not sure if canvas is something she knows how to treat, but she answers questions about denim transfer regularly.

loveisparis said:
Help Please! Today I noticed that my new etoupe herbag has noticeable denim transfer on the cloth from my denim. I took it to my SA and she recommended I take the bag to my dry cleaners since its cloth, but is not sureit will come out at all :sad:(. Im so so sad. I love this bag. Do you ladies have any tips? Iam so tempted to try to clean it myself but don't know what to try.

Go to a professional bag cleaner
Think they can do something for u

Denim transfer is tough but only a craftsman from H can try to steam clean it out for you. Don't go to an external cleaner. And do it quickly, the longer you wait the harder it will be to clean. Good luck!

Hi everyone! So just as an update...H sent me to take my canvas part of the herbag to the dry cleaners to repair ( not craftsman or anything). Needless to say, I was so sad, I bought this bag on the 10th and have worn it only a few times. Long story short...my grandma ( the expert on cleaning anything from couture to kitchen floors recommended a home remedy...I wish I had before pics for u!

Attachments

• image-3794238205.jpg
    image-3794238205.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 375
  • image-1546953547.jpg
    image-1546953547.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 372
  • image-2581933582.jpg
    image-2581933582.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 387
  • image-2713706839.jpg
    image-2713706839.jpg