Henry Cuir fakes?

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
Aye ay ay! My obsession with Henry Cuir is getting stronger and stronger LOL and I know there are other tPFers out there who are long time fans!

My question is: does anyone know of Henry Cuir fakes? I know that if there's a market for it, the fraudsters are making fake versions, but I wonder how safe I am from fake Henry Cuirs?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

IMHO - I don't believe there is an active "fake" market for Cuir or Beguelin bags.....they are just not popular enough (which is a good thing!).

There may be people who produce handmade bags that are "inspired" - but I think that's about it. The hand-made quality to these bags are not easy to mass produce.

Hope this helps.

I don't think there are any. I'm good buddies with the main seller of Henry bags on ebay and I've never heard her mention fakes, ever.

Those are some of the bags where I'm sure that if there were fakes, they would be super easy to spot. You can't fake camel and buffalo leather with hand-stitching.

Last edited:
^ LOL
images

I don't think I've ever seen a Henry Cuir bag. If she's willing, I'd like to hear more about them and if anyone has pics, I'd like to see them.

^ Absolutely! And LOL @ the bat signal!

Thanks so much everybody - the bag I was eyeing has sold, but I am definitely interested in hearing more. I just adore Henry Cuirs and am happy to hear that there doesn't seem to be a rampant fakes market that I need to be wary of.

Thanks again for all your replies.... Henry Cuir for President!

Sorry it took me so long, I just checked back and just sent out the bat signal. :tup: Hopefully she will pop up and share her love of Henrys with you. She has an extensive collection and the bags are delish!

Hi, I collect Henry Cuir leather goods, shoes, bags, jackets, coats...you should check out his websites at www.henrycuir.it or www.henrycuir.jp to get an idea of all his stuff. I sell a lot on Ebay and specialize in Henry bags and the only "fake" I ever saw was a Henry Beguelin bag that was out of Australia but the lister cancelled his listing because it was so obvious a fake. If you're familiar with Henry Cuir bags, they're made by Henry Beguelin and once they were the same company and then they split up -- now there are Henry Beguelin shops in the U.S. but no Henry Cuir shops here. Bob Ellis and Barneys sell them in the US and you can get real Henry Cuir bags for less on Ebay -- I've never seen a henry fake, they simply take so much time to make and you can tell by the leathers that they're for real. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, thanks howlcashmere

Hi howlchashmere!

I think I was looking at one of your bags the other day - the black ciuffo? I LOVE it, but wasn't sure about authenticity, hence I started this thread! Too bad I missed out because I chickened out LOL, but thanks for the info... I hope to own a HC in the very near future!