Henri Bendel Bags Anyone?

AHHH :nuts: You're too much, @halobear!! Thank you for taking the time and going through all the trouble for those detailed photos! Not only is the bag beautiful but your presentation is just as wow. Even got the dress form out (which I also love, btw)!

I was pleasantly surprised at the color because I wrongly assumed I'd be seeing the most recent hot pink. I love this blush color way better (the original neutrals are much more attractive and sophisticated than the saturated neons). I can definitely 'feel' the squishiness through the screen. :amuse:

The 'what fits inside' photos are very helpful! Hmm... just when I was chopping items off my wishlist, you may have just added a 712 on there again!

No problem! I’m glad that this is helpful. I actually use the dress form for crochet items that I make but I figured this would be a great way to sort of model the bag without actually modeling the bag =)

Unfortunately they took the tag when they rang up the bag (I think they do that with the sale items) so I don’t know the official color name. I’m guessing the color was from spring and the hot pink was from summer? I’m glad I stopped at the store since this color was not online. Plus it was 50% + 10% off. I think it was only @ 40% off online.

Let me know if you end up getting this one (or the flap).

No problem! I’m glad that this is helpful. I actually use the dress form for crochet items that I make but I figured this would be a great way to sort of model the bag without actually modeling the bag =)

Unfortunately they took the tag when they rang up the bag (I think they do that with the sale items) so I don’t know the official color name. I’m guessing the color was from spring and the hot pink was from summer? I’m glad I stopped at the store since this color was not online. Plus it was 50% + 10% off. I think it was only @ 40% off online.

Let me know if you end up getting this one (or the flap).

How lovely, I wish I could crochet, knit, sew (so I can design/repurpose my own clothing items)! Your dress form serving multiple roles for various hobbies *coughevenbagscough* haha love it.

I believe that color is "mahogany rose," IIRC. Hopefully they release new colors that speak to me (haven't liked much of their newer, wacky designs either). I almost gave into the sales but decided I shouldn't settle if I don't truly love them.

Does your bag have that brushed gold as opposed to the usual shiny hardware? I thought it was nice to see something different (makes the bag look classic and luxurious). Don't know how they would hold up to scratches, chipping, etc. in comparison. Also, from your photos it appears the camera bag would hold more than the flap so... more to think about!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I am sure I sound like a Cap'n Obvious but one thought I had RE: Bendel's crazy low prices (relatively speaking) during sales. Unlike any other brand in a similar quality/price range (arguably, but probably Coach, Kate Spade, Coach, some Tory Burch etc) that can be sold for whatever price for however long elsewhere (outlets, flash sale websites etc), Bendel's stuff literally has nowhere else to go but to... to us :smile:. By any means necessary, meaning really cutting into their markup :biggrin:

How lovely, I wish I could crochet, knit, sew (so I can design/repurpose my own clothing items)! Your dress form serving multiple roles for various hobbies *coughevenbagscough* haha love it.

I believe that color is "mahogany rose," IIRC. Hopefully they release new colors that speak to me (haven't liked much of their newer, wacky designs either). I almost gave into the sales but decided I shouldn't settle if I don't truly love them.

Does your bag have that brushed gold as opposed to the usual shiny hardware? I thought it was nice to see something different (makes the bag look classic and luxurious). Don't know how they would hold up to scratches, chipping, etc. in comparison. Also, from your photos it appears the camera bag would hold more than the flap so... more to think about!

Haha! I never thought to use the dress form for bags before this.

Mahogany Rose sounds right and yes, the hardware is more brushed gold and not the usual shiny gold. The chain has pretty substantial weight too.

Not sure how much the flap bag holds since I didn’t take a good look while I was in the store. (I wasn’t too into the colors they had in the flap style) I do think that the flap would probably look bulky or stick out funny if it was overloaded.

Not sure how the hardware will hold up but I’ll probably have to be careful with the leather. Since it’s smooth it’ll probably show scratches more than the usual pebbled/textured leather.

Hi!!! It’s sale time at Henri Bendel. If you can’t find the styles you’re looking for online, send me a message and I might be able to locate them for you! Here are some examples of the bags we have on sale!!!

Attachments

• 8E76E6DD-519B-4283-A90B-98B4BEC23544.jpeg
    8E76E6DD-519B-4283-A90B-98B4BEC23544.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 433
  • 8CA45F7A-F013-4DA4-8F4A-67264CCE73C1.jpeg
    8CA45F7A-F013-4DA4-8F4A-67264CCE73C1.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 443
  • FAEBFB5A-AEFA-4F77-B664-74C0C78D2881.jpeg
    FAEBFB5A-AEFA-4F77-B664-74C0C78D2881.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 441
  • A88BD549-47CC-47F1-A89F-201BAAC3A6D2.jpeg
    A88BD549-47CC-47F1-A89F-201BAAC3A6D2.jpeg