hemming true religion joey jeans?

donald

Jan 14, 2008
i've hemmed a few jeans on my own before and i was about to do the same to my true religion joey's. then i realized that the twisted seam was going to cause me a big problem. it's hard enough to hem with the flare (i need them 4.5" shorter), but it seems almost impossible to match up the twisted seam.

i guess i have to take it back to nordstrom to get it hemmed, but should i keep the original hem or not? i would like to save money if i can but i don't want to ruin the look. if anyone has gotten these jeans altered before, i want to hear/see how they turned out. thanks:smile:

It shouldn't be a problem - I've had several pairs of my TR's w/ twisted seam altered (original hem), the alteration does not take away from the jeans. In other words you can't tell.

keep the original hem for sure! if you are chopping off a lot, the hem might not match up *perfectly*, but i think it will still look better than not keeping originals. i hem a lot of my own jeans, but i take all my joeys to a professional.

I took a pair of Joey Big T's (the Sunshines from 06) to a tailor and asked to keep the original hem. I also had about 4" taken off.

She did actually have to open up the original hem in order to take some of the width off as the size of the flare changed. Unfortunately she also used the "sandwich" method, so I lost the thick yellow thread on the bottom (although the hem's distressing is still there). You can't REALLY tell unless you look closer, although I know it is also possible to sew the hem back on using another method and not actually lose the special threading.

In any case, do keep the original hem - I think TRs all look awful with new hems! It can definitely be done and your jeans will look so hot :smile:

I'll try to post some photos when I get home.

I took a pair of Joey Big T's (the Sunshines from 06) to a tailor and asked to keep the original hem. I also had about 4" taken off.

She did actually have to open up the original hem in order to take some of the width off as the size of the flare changed. Unfortunately she also used the "sandwich" method, so I lost the thick yellow thread on the bottom (although the hem's distressing is still there). You can't REALLY tell unless you look closer, although I know it is also possible to sew the hem back on using another method and not actually lose the special threading.

In any case, do keep the original hem - I think TRs all look awful with new hems! It can definitely be done and your jeans will look so hot :smile:

I'll try to post some photos when I get home.

thanks, i'll be looking forward to pictures! what is the non-sandwich method? that's the only one i know how to do. i would like to ask the tailor to use a different method if that's better.

I bought 3 pair of True Religons at a local store. Two of the 3 needed hemming. I asked for the hem to look the same as the original, when I got them back they looked like crap. The super T's have one little straight line, not the original I asked for. They refuse to redo them, saying they dont know how. When I bought them they said they did and that they would. Can't find anyone to fix them, does anyone know of someone I could send them to, to have them done right (with the thick stitching?) Please help.

I bought 3 pair of True Religons at a local store. Two of the 3 needed hemming. I asked for the hem to look the same as the original, when I got them back they looked like crap. The super T's have one little straight line, not the original I asked for. They refuse to redo them, saying they dont know how. When I bought them they said they did and that they would. Can't find anyone to fix them, does anyone know of someone I could send them to, to have them done right (with the thick stitching?) Please help.

you should have bought them at lastrada, they have an amazing seamstress that has done seven pairs for me with the original hem. There does have to be at least two to three inches being removed to do the original hem

thrilled to help
in los angeles,
go no where but DR Blue Jeans
no questions, you'll never know they were hemmed and neither will anyone else!
he does all the original stitches with original thread and does 'everyones' jeans!
4454 Van Nuys Blvd #F
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
(818) 986-8047
Open Tue-Fri 8am-6pm; Sat 8am-4pm
xx A