Hemes scarf ..what do you think?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have three H scarves and a friend knew i loved them so bought me a torrana cashmere from ebay as a surprise birthday present. she told me and obviously i said she shouldnt have spent so much but i was thrilled at the same time as my scarves are all 90cm silk. well i didnt realise but the scarf is a pocket size - about 43 cm square. my friend paid £125 and it came with box and is excellent condition - however i cant help thinking maybe its too small for a cashmere mix - would it tie the same? i have wanted a smaller scarf for a while and this probably made my friend make the choice - however are the pocket squares more suited to the silk for a more summer look. what do you all think - is there a place for this smaller cashmere scarf? i would welcome your thoughts.

2. Absolutely there's a place! I could see this working nicely inside a shirt collar, just peeking out. You could also just throw it on and go, it would be so cozy on a cool winter day!

3. Guess youre right - how do i clean the cashmere though as i always handwash my silk scarves?

4. A triangle knot is perfect with the small scarfs. I like to wear them in add. with 90s too. Wash it the same way as your silkys.

5. thanks...whats a triangle knot?

6. how sweet of your friend to get you a nice scarf!!

7. I have a pocket sized cashmere scarf and I love it. It can add a touch of color if you tie it and tuck it into the neck of a sweater. I'll see if I can find a picture.

8. ^^^ mine isn't H, but I also have a small scarf like that and love when I am wearing a crewneck sweater or even a dressy knit/tee-shirt.
    :tup:

9. Tangle - wow! What a collection you have. You have helped with my decision - i will keep my cashmere pocket square. Would love to see how you wear the smaller size scarf.

10. Tangle - did you do that with iWeb? I'd like to do something similar with my collection.

11. #11 Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    Fold the pochette or gavroche into a triangle and make a little knot in the back.

[​IMG]

12. Thank you iwantahermes! It is nothing compared to the collections of many members here, but I really enjoy it. I will try to get a picture posted tomorrow.

BBC: I did use iWeb; I used the blog function so each scarf is a "post". I love how easy it is to build a page with iWeb using pictures from iPhoto :smile:

Vanmiracle: what a pretty way to wear that scarf!

13. Wow, that really looks great. Have to try it with my 45 a.s.a.p. :tup:

14. Here are some pictures of ways I like to wear the pocket-sized cashmere;
    (1) bias fold and knot in back,
    (2) bias fold, tie a single knot in front, knot ends in back
    (3) triangle fold (as Vanmiracle did) and tuck into crew neck sweater

Attached Files:

15. MaiTai posted a great knot for pocket squares--its in the reference thread.