Hemes scarf ..what do you think?

Dec 27, 2007
I have three H scarves and a friend knew i loved them so bought me a torrana cashmere from ebay as a surprise birthday present. she told me and obviously i said she shouldnt have spent so much but i was thrilled at the same time as my scarves are all 90cm silk. well i didnt realise but the scarf is a pocket size - about 43 cm square. my friend paid £125 and it came with box and is excellent condition - however i cant help thinking maybe its too small for a cashmere mix - would it tie the same? i have wanted a smaller scarf for a while and this probably made my friend make the choice - however are the pocket squares more suited to the silk for a more summer look. what do you all think - is there a place for this smaller cashmere scarf? i would welcome your thoughts.

Absolutely there's a place! I could see this working nicely inside a shirt collar, just peeking out. You could also just throw it on and go, it would be so cozy on a cool winter day!

however i cant help thinking maybe its too small for a cashmere mix - would it tie the same? i have wanted a smaller scarf for a while and this probably made my friend make the choice - however are the pocket squares more suited to the silk for a more summer look. what do you all think - is there a place for this smaller cashmere scarf? i would welcome your thoughts.

I have a pocket sized cashmere scarf and I love it. It can add a touch of color if you tie it and tuck it into the neck of a sweater. I'll see if I can find a picture.

thanks...whats a triangle knot?
Fold the pochette or gavroche into a triangle and make a little knot in the back.

CIMG6385.jpg

Last edited:
Tangle - wow! What a collection you have. You have helped with my decision - i will keep my cashmere pocket square. Would love to see how you wear the smaller size scarf.

Thank you iwantahermes! It is nothing compared to the collections of many members here, but I really enjoy it. I will try to get a picture posted tomorrow.

BBC: I did use iWeb; I used the blog function so each scarf is a "post". I love how easy it is to build a page with iWeb using pictures from iPhoto :smile:

Vanmiracle: what a pretty way to wear that scarf!

Here are some pictures of ways I like to wear the pocket-sized cashmere;
(1) bias fold and knot in back,
(2) bias fold, tie a single knot in front, knot ends in back
(3) triangle fold (as Vanmiracle did) and tuck into crew neck sweater

Attachments

• pochette1.jpg
    pochette1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 42
  • pochette2.jpg
    pochette2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 38
  • pochette3.jpg