Help

RedDuchess

In Luv with Louis
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
The buyer says that the dress I sold her has stains that will not come out, she recieved the dress and waited 13 days to make this claim, she has not contacted me prior to the claim. This dress has tags that are attached with safety pins which would make for easy detaching and reattaching, I am faxing paypal copies of the USPS receipt and tracking slip, then I uploaded the pictures of the dress prior to sale, so far the buyer has not responded and has not uploaded any pictures of these "signifigantly altered dress", any advice, I really can't afford to be out $700.00 for someone who wanted to wear and return my dress.

I think there was another thread where OP says Paypal's stand is now to grant ALL SNAD disputes without even reviewing what the seller says or the seller's evidence etc, so if the buyer files a Paypal claim, I'm not sure whether you'll win now. Are the funds still in your Paypal account?

I am not sure what to tell you, but I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. If this buyer did wear your dress, stain it and now plan on returning...well that is just all kinds of shady!

I think there was another thread where OP says Paypal's stand is now to grant ALL SNAD disputes without even reviewing what the seller says or the seller's evidence etc, so if the buyer files a Paypal claim, I'm not sure whether you'll win now. Are the funds still in your Paypal account?

Nope luckily the fund are not in my paypal account, so paypal just has a negative balance for me, should I hurry up and delete my banking info, just in case?, I put that she can return the dress, she has not responded, hopefully she wont' she has until 9-6-08 to provide proof of shipment, its crazy I feel like going to knock on her door...and then knock on her!!!!!

If you have a negative balance in your PP account, PP won't allow you to make any major changes (i.e. deleting bank account info.), so you pretty much can't do that, as PP keeps that information for situations like this.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, as I imagine with the recent slew of PP SNAD's with ridiculous buyers, I'm afraid you may lose this one. Keep us posted.

I mailed ebay a check for my account fees, as I had automatic paypal setup, hopefully this will prevent the dreaded piggyback charge
So just to be clear if they find in the buyer's favor, the buyer doesn't have to return the item? so they get the money and the item?

Nope luckily the fund are not in my paypal account, so paypal just has a negative balance for me, should I hurry up and delete my banking info, just in case?, I put that she can return the dress, she has not responded, hopefully she wont' she has until 9-6-08 to provide proof of shipment, its crazy I feel like going to knock on her door...and then knock on her!!!!!

Oh, you already said she can return the dress?
I am sure she is going to return a used dress. If Paypal has already made your account negative then they will come after you for the funds. Do you pay your Paypal fees with a bank account? Because they will just deduct it as many others on here have stated.

I mailed ebay a check for my account fees, as I had automatic paypal setup, hopefully this will prevent the dreaded piggyback charge
So just to be clear if they find in the buyer's favor, the buyer doesn't have to return the item? so they get the money and the item?

No, if they find in the buyer's favor they must have proof of delivery back to you before they will release any money to them.