Help with wrist tattoo?

Rivers Girl

Oct 15, 2010
Hi everyone :smile:

I just want some opinions but only from people who actually like tattoos. I don't mean to sound rude but I don't really want to hear 'don't get a tattoo' e.t.c. I appreciate tattoos arent everyones cup of tea and there not for everyone. I know some people really don't like them and I respect that but this is my decision.

I'm getting a memory/tribute tattoo of someones name with the date of birth and date of death on my wrist but I can't decide which way to have it.

Facing everyone else or facing me so I can read it? Obviously I know what it says but it would still be nice to look at it and be able to read it properly.
I'm really tempted to have it done so its facing me because after all this tattoos for me and no one else and I'd like to look at it whenever I want, that way it would be easier for me to read it. But then it will be upside down won't it?
I'd like other peoples opinions.

I'm definitely a huge tattoo fan! As long as the design is custom, has personal meaning & doesn't appear to be random then I'm all for tattoos. In fact, I have a large back piece that's in memory of my mother. My opinion would be to have your tattoo facing you & going long ways up your wrist area. Not across wise. Make sense? Thats just my personal opinion though.

Please keep us updated as to what you decide? Good luck!

Hey thanks. The thing is I'm having a first and last name with the full date of birth and then the death, so I was thinking of having it across.
It would look nice the way you say if it were just one name.

I love wrist tattoos! I have 3 :smile:
Normally it would have to face out so it won't be upside down to everyone and when you have my arms down, but in this case it would be great to have it facing you!

Gd luck and please update us with a pic on the tattoo thread!! I can't wait to see it!

Facing you for sure. I love the idea and I think it will look like a lovely bracelet.
People will still be able to see it when they glance at it from the same direction you do.
Would love to see it when you can post!