Help with purchase !!!! ????

momof3boyz

May 7, 2012
Hi Everyone ! I really need some advice I went to the Coach store today to check out the new Cooper in Bordeaux .
I really liked it , nice color , lightweight , good size . But then I tried on the quilting Rogue with rivets in black ! And I was loving it . Problem is , its a bit heavy for me :sad: And I usually do not carry bags that wild ..lol
I placed an order for the Cooper . But now I am having second thoughts . What should I do ? I can not go back to the store because its pretty far from my house . I am really torn .
Which bag do you guys like better ? Do you think the Rogue is to flashy ?
Gosh ! I am just so torn . Any thoughts would greatly help ? !
Thanks so much !

I think if the rogue is too heavy for you it will keep you from using it anyway. They do have other bags with quilting that may work better for you. The smaller 25 quilted one isn’t too heavy though if you can fit what you need in that. But the cooper is gorgeous too and will a remain classic type shape. Sorry not much help but maybe carry the cooper around at home and see if you are still thinking about the rogue or if it goes away.

Welcome to the Rogue club (maybe soon)! :biggrin:
I own a tea rose rogue (in my avatar), I don't feel it's too heavy, especially when I use the shoulder strap to carry it like a tote bag.
for a big bag, I need it to be able to carry as a shoulder bag so I can be hands free when go shopping, while cooper can only carried by hand or cross-body. I hate cross-body such a big bag! because I am short (5 feet 2).
General speaking, I like Rogue better, not just because of it's versatile, but also because it's durable. the pebbled leather seems very scratch resistant, I've been using my Rogue for almost a year, it still looks like new. Cooper uses smooth leather, it may show scratch easier than pebbled leather though.
The quilted rogue uses nappa leather which is very soft and yet scratch resistant. I've tried at the store, seems it can buff out the minor scratch easily. I am on the fence of buying these 2 bags too (cooper and quilted rogue), but I've owned 2 rogues already and more bags on the way, I have to hold myself from buying too much.
Btw, I don't think the quilted Rogue with black small rivets looks flashy at all. If you do mind the rivets, consider the plain black rogue which is made by pebbled leather, and it comes with a smaller size (rogue 25) and much lighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: momof3boyz
Hi Everyone ! I really need some advice I went to the Coach store today to check out the new Cooper in Bordeaux .
I really liked it , nice color , lightweight , good size . But then I tried on the quilting Rogue with rivets in black ! And I was loving it . Problem is , its a bit heavy for me :sad: And I usually do not carry bags that wild ..lol
I placed an order for the Cooper . But now I am having second thoughts . What should I do ? I can not go back to the store because its pretty far from my house . I am really torn .
Thanks so much !
I was wondering if you liked the Cooper. Did you put your stuff in the Rogue? The Rogue can lean to the heavy side and if it already felt heavy to you I'm concerned you won't use it. As previously mentioned the quilted Rogue comes in a size 25 which would be lighter but smaller. I don't see it as being wild but not a classic like the Cooper. It seems you like the Rogue better than the Cooper because you said you were lovin' it and you "liked" the Cooper. I'm not much help either. I bought my Coopers because I have multiple Rogues and wanted something different but almost ordered the quilted 25 (keeping it on my wishlist though).

I was wondering if you liked the Cooper. Did you put your stuff in the Rogue? The Rogue can lean to the heavy side and if it already felt heavy to you I'm concerned you won't use it. As previously mentioned the quilted Rogue comes in a size 25 which would be lighter but smaller. I don't see it as being wild but not a classic like the Cooper. It seems you like the Rogue better than the Cooper because you said you were lovin' it and you "liked" the Cooper. I'm not much help either. I bought my Coopers because I have multiple Rogues and wanted something different but almost ordered the quilted 25 (keeping it on my wishlist though).
Yes I did put my stuff in both the Rogue and Cooper . The Cooper was much lighter than the Rogue . I do worry about the weight of the Rogue . I had a heavy bag in the past before that hurt my shoulder every time I carried it . I sold it . I do not normally shoulder carry either . I like to carry my bags in the crook of my arm . So the Cooper works much better . I guess I feel the Cooper is more plain . Where as the Rogue quilted had more detail . Plus I was wearing a black sweater , denim skinny jeans , and black ankle boots today and the Rogue just seemed to look really nice with my outfit . It could be that to . If i had my dark denim jeans on with my ivory sweater and grey boots , I bet the Bordeaux Cooper would of popped ! LOL. My SA ordered the Cooper for me . So it should be here in a few days .
Did you see the Bordeaux color in person ? Its not as dark as I thought it would be . Its a little lighter than one would imagine .

Reactions: Satcheldoll
I think if the rogue is too heavy for you it will keep you from using it anyway. They do have other bags with quilting that may work better for you. The smaller 25 quilted one isn’t too heavy though if you can fit what you need in that. But the cooper is gorgeous too and will a remain classic type shape. Sorry not much help but maybe carry the cooper around at home and see if you are still thinking about the rogue or if it goes away.
Thank you !!!! Good points ! I am going to do that . I ordered the Cooper . When I get it , I will carry it around for a bit at home . If its not love . I will return . I do fear the Rogue just being to heavy for me :sad:

Welcome to the Rogue club (maybe soon)! :biggrin:
I own a tea rose rogue (in my avatar), I don't feel it's too heavy, especially when I use the shoulder strap to carry it like a tote bag.
for a big bag, I need it to be able to carry as a shoulder bag so I can be hands free when go shopping, while cooper can only carried by hand or cross-body. I hate cross-body such a big bag! because I am short (5 feet 2).
General speaking, I like Rogue better, not just because of it's versatile, but also because it's durable. the pebbled leather seems very scratch resistant, I've been using my Rogue for almost a year, it still looks like new. Cooper uses smooth leather, it may show scratch easier than pebbled leather though.
The quilted rogue uses nappa leather which is very soft and yet scratch resistant. I've tried at the store, seems it can buff out the minor scratch easily. I am on the fence of buying these 2 bags too (cooper and quilted rogue), but I've owned 2 rogues already and more bags on the way, I have to hold myself from buying too much.
Btw, I don't think the quilted Rogue with black small rivets looks flashy at all. If you do mind the rivets, consider the plain black rogue which is made by pebbled leather, and it comes with a smaller size (rogue 25) and much lighter.
Thank you for the reply ! I did try the 25 on . I do not care for the size . Prefer the look of a larger hand bag .
I did order the Cooper . So it should be here in a few days . I just worry the Rogue quilted will be way to heavy for me in the end . I tend to carry my bags in the crook of arm . And I can see it now ...ME in the grocery store dying to put my bag down ...lol . So for the price , it just may not be a smart choice . I would rarely carry it . Dont get me wrong , I do own other bags that are very light in weight . But I like to rotate my bags too , and this Rogue just will not make it in rotation enough . Make sense ? :smile:

Thank you for the reply ! I did try the 25 on . I do not care for the size . Prefer the look of a larger hand bag .
I did order the Cooper . So it should be here in a few days . I just worry the Rogue quilted will be way to heavy for me in the end . I tend to carry my bags in the crook of arm . And I can see it now ...ME in the grocery store dying to put my bag down ...lol . So for the price , it just may not be a smart choice . I would rarely carry it . Dont get me wrong , I do own other bags that are very light in weight . But I like to rotate my bags too , and this Rogue just will not make it in rotation enough . Make sense ? :smile:
Glad you made the choice that suit for your style. :smile: Cooper is such a classic bag. by looking at you avatar I can totally understand why cooper is what your like better. Enjoy your new Cooper!

I think you made the right choice for you. If a bag feels too heavy for you in the store, it won't feel lighter after you are carrying it for awhile. I think the Cooper is a classy and beautiful bag. I don't think it is plain at all.
Thank you !!! I agree . I think I would just end up regretting my decision . The weight would get really annoying after a while . Happy to hear you think the Cooper is classy and beautiful . Makes me feel good about my choice :smile:

Reactions: whateve
Yes I did put my stuff in both the Rogue and Cooper . The Cooper was much lighter than the Rogue . I do worry about the weight of the Rogue . I had a heavy bag in the past before that hurt my shoulder every time I carried it . I sold it . I do not normally shoulder carry either . I like to carry my bags in the crook of my arm . So the Cooper works much better . I guess I feel the Cooper is more plain . Where as the Rogue quilted had more detail . Plus I was wearing a black sweater , denim skinny jeans , and black ankle boots today and the Rogue just seemed to look really nice with my outfit . It could be that to . If i had my dark denim jeans on with my ivory sweater and grey boots , I bet the Bordeaux Cooper would of popped ! LOL. My SA ordered the Cooper for me . So it should be here in a few days .
Did you see the Bordeaux color in person ? Its not as dark as I thought it would be . Its a little lighter than one would imagine .
I have seen the Bordeaux in person. I think it's a really nice color. If you like the quilting maybe consider a quilted wallet to go with your bag. I can't wait for you to get it. Please post pics.

I have seen the Bordeaux in person. I think it's a really nice color. If you like the quilting maybe consider a quilted wallet to go with your bag. I can't wait for you to get it. Please post pics.
Thank you for your opinion ! I did think of a wallet . But i will hold off for now . Maybe after the holidays . I will post pictures when she arrives :smile:

Reactions: Satcheldoll
I think you made the right decision. While the embellished Rogues are beautiful and unique, they are heavy even with nothing in them. It is a sad fact that I think I have noticed a slope in my shoulder from years of carrying too-heavy totes or shoulder bags! It is not worth it.
If I carry my Rogue, I can only put in items that I'd put in a small crossbody bag or I will get tired and sore.
If you want the Rogue over the Cooper, you should prepare to carry less items in it. It is an expensive bag, so I wouldn't take this decision lightly (hehe, pun intended).

Thanks so much !
Here's my take. I loved the first generation black Rogue, the one with the lock and key. I bought it from Saks (I think) and it was so heavy I sent it back....but I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I eventually found the bag again and rebought it. I used it a few times then it just sat in my closet until I finally sold it. I just couldn't get that lock and key look out of my head, but in the end I think I used it only about 3 or 4 times because of the weight.