Help with Malachite choices!

You should also see how they look with whatever clothes you mostly intend to wear them with. For what it's worth, I love variations in striations and color because it reminds me that it is natural stone, and is perfectly imperfect. When you try too hard to get everything so matchy, you end up frustrated and it somewhat misses the uniqueness and singularity of buying a natural stone (vs a porcelain, etc).

You should also see how they look with whatever clothes you mostly intend to wear them with. For what it's worth, I love variations in striations and color because it reminds me that it is natural stone, and is perfectly imperfect. When you try too hard to get everything so matchy, you end up frustrated and it somewhat misses the uniqueness and singularity of buying a natural stone (vs a porcelain, etc).

This is an excellent point!

this week i am going to see both in person and will try wearing something resembling my normal wardrobe. if i don't fall in love my plan B is the hammered yellow gold 20 motif and posssssssibly the cat pin.

the dark green was GORGEOUS and perfect and exactly what i'd been looking for in regards to malachite. BUT I CHANGED MY MIND...AGAIN!! i thought..i already have all these alhambra necklace pieces, what's the rush? get something fun and interesting that will make your heart sing. so here is what i got instead of the malachite 20. (I've been obsessed with the cat brooch for a year and the magic diamond alhambra between the finger ring goes with my magic diamond earrings and is a perfect set.)
*note that this exact ring- the diamond alhambra between the finger ring- runs big! this one she ordered for me in my size arrived today and is unfortunately a size too big. so now i have to wait until next week to exchange it. but im settled on this ring. just the sizing was off. i feel like the diamond version runs even larger than the stone version.

117888736_1186979974992295_3688933810599040716_n.jpg

118273059_113665826985032_6606489432535292594_n.jpg

117985893_360705865097207_2938316301366574855_n.jpg

Nice that you have decided.
Do you have any comparison pictures of the malachite - was curious how much the colours varied and the pop of situations?
no, i didn't take photos while at the store but i will say, the darker one was a very delicious forest green with visible dark and light striations, not too dark at all. the lighter one was actually too light. the darker one was perfect. it was shipped from place vendome. maybe i'll come across a beauty like it again in the future but i don't regret the switch to the ring. and to be honest, although i love the stones, i think when i go for the ubiquitous 20, i'll likely do hammered gold and get the malachite as a 10.

So happy you chose something you really love! The ring will be beautiful with your earrings! The cat is adorable!

I actually think the 20 in hammered gold makes a lot of sense as it can be worn with any 10s or pendants in yg Alhambra! If I ever get a 20, it likely will be that one for the same reason!

• Love
Reactions: Croissant
So happy you chose something you really love! The ring will be beautiful with your earrings! The cat is adorable!

I actually think the 20 in hammered gold makes a lot of sense as it can be worn with any 10s or pendants in yg Alhambra! If I ever get a 20, it likely will be that one for the same reason!
the cat looks really good with the guilloche 10/15 motif. i thought it would be great with onyx but with the guilloche it has an almost art deco appeal.