Tech Help with Macbook not charging!

karester

O.G.
Jul 12, 2008
I am just so frustrated. My power adapter for my Macbook is not charging at all. This happened back in August and I went to my Apple store and got a new adapter. But I can't believe that it's only been a few months and my new one isn't charging at all. I've tried all the help on the Apple website without any success.

So is there anything else I can try or do I have to go back to my Apple store for another new adapter??

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
Dovunque voglia andare
are you sure your battery is in your laptop all the way? sometimes if your battery isn't properly placed, it won't charge when plugged in.

i only recommend checking because this happened to me once, but it was a good thing.

i purchased a used iBook (a few years ago) on eBay and the guy had mentioned in the listing that the battery was completely dead therefore it couldn't be charged. well, i just figured i'd get another adaptar and battery down the road, so i got it for a really cheap deal.

when i received it, i noticed the battery door wasn't closed securely so when i opened it, the battery wasn't even sitting flush properly and as soon as i popped it in, voila! it started charging. can't believe he never noticed this (i also think it was from a school, too).

check that, and if that's not the case, the only thing you can do (unfortunately) is go back to apple. if this is your second adaptor in a matter of a few months, it may be your computer/battery that's burning it. don't know why, but it could be possible.

since it's still under warranty, take advantage of it.

also, you may have a much better response if you post directly in the apple forums. whenever i have an issue with my macs, i always post there since those people are pretty much apple experts.

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1

Sarsi

O.G.
Jun 23, 2006
Bay Area CA.
My adapter does that to me too, try moving the wire around, and plug unplug on both ends... Crazy i know but eventually that works for me, MacBook adapter are not good even it's reviews are bad. Hope you could get it to work.

Sarsi

O.G.
Jun 23, 2006
Bay Area CA.
My adapter does that to me too, try moving the wire around, and plug unplug on both ends... Crazy i know but eventually that works for me, MacBook adapters are not good even it's reviews are bad. Hope you could get it to work.

karester

O.G.
Jul 12, 2008
Thanks for everyone's advice. I actually found out it's my adapter because my brother was over and brought his Macbook and I tested out his adapter and it worked with my computer.