Help with LV Sunglasses Case MM

MissChris

Apr 2, 2013
Hello!! I'm hoping someone who owns the LV Sunglasses Case MM can help me...I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this beauty on-line but when it arrived, I was shocked at how awful it looked. I don't know if the pics will do it justice but there is a small hard lump on the side of the glazing, as well as a larger wider lump next to it. There was also a tiny stitch sticking out of the side that was so sharp I thought it sliced my finger open!Sunglass Case.jpg Sunglass Case 2.jpg Sunglass Case 3.jpg I own quite a few LV items and I don't expect perfection and have never returned or exchanged an item before, but in this case I think it looks so shoddy that I really want to exchange it. But first I wanted to see what the glazing on the side should actually look like. Can someone who owns this piece please post a picture so I can compare? Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much for your reply and pics! I don't know what to think now...I watched some older videos that showed the glazing and it was completely flat and smooth. I think I will try to exchange it if only for that loose stitch. Thanks again!
Mine looks similar and I just got it for Christmas!

Thank you so much for your reply and pics! I don't know what to think now...I watched some older videos that showed the glazing and it was completely flat and smooth. I think I will try to exchange it if only for that loose stitch. Thanks again!
Your welcome! Honestly, I never noticed the glazing on mine until I saw your post!!! It never bothered me... until now, lol! Although, if you look at both of our pics the glazing bump appears to be in the same exact spot so maybe it is not a flaw but necessary based on the shape/design? Regardless, I think I can live with it but that rough stitch on your case would most definitely bother me. Best of luck to you!

Hello!! I'm hoping someone who owns the LV Sunglasses Case MM can help me...I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this beauty on-line but when it arrived, I was shocked at how awful it looked. I don't know if the pics will do it justice but there is a small hard lump on the side of the glazing, as well as a larger wider lump next to it. There was also a tiny stitch sticking out of the side that was so sharp I thought it sliced my finger open!View attachment 3594438 View attachment 3594439 View attachment 3594440 I own quite a few LV items and I don't expect perfection and have never returned or exchanged an item before, but in this case I think it looks so shoddy that I really want to exchange it. But first I wanted to see what the glazing on the side should actually look like. Can someone who owns this piece please post a picture so I can compare? Thank you so much!!

I don't have the Sunglasses Case MM, but the glazing on this one is an horror.
I can't understand how quality control let it be sold. Please, exchange it. It's a real shame.

Your welcome! Honestly, I never noticed the glazing on mine until I saw your post!!! It never bothered me... until now, lol! Although, if you look at both of our pics the glazing bump appears to be in the same exact spot so maybe it is not a flaw but necessary based on the shape/design? Regardless, I think I can live with it but that rough stitch on your case would most definitely bother me. Best of luck to you!
Oh I'm sorry...I hope that doesn't bother you now...I actually think yours looks fine. MIne has the loose stitch and a really hard bump underneath the wide part
so I'm going to exchange.

I don't have the Sunglasses Case MM, but the glazing on this one is an horror.
I can't understand how quality control let it be sold. Please, exchange it. It's a real shame.
I agree...I've always heard about quality control issues but this is the first time I've seen it first hand. I'm definitely exchanging. Thanks!