Help with Jordaan loafer sizing!!

@ehy210 thank you so much for posting about this!

I have wide feet too and have been itching to purchase a pair of black Jordaans, but was extremely nervous about doing so because of my wide feet. Fortunately, they've been out of stock in my size everywhere up until a few weeks ago...when they popped back in stock, and so did Princetowns in two colors I've been wanting. I bought my Princetowns a little over a year ago and I am so in love with them -- they are the most comfortable shoes I own -- and I was so torn over whether to order the Jordaans or another pair of Princetowns. Ultimately I decided that with spring coming up I'd get more immediate use out of white Princetowns and punted on the loafers for now. Given what you've written here, I am SO glad I did!

Wide feet are so problematic for buying designer shoes! The vast majority of them just aren't accommodating of wide feet. I have spent more money than I care to think about on designer shoes that seem like they will work at the time of purchase, yet even after extended wear and having them stretched they aren't comfortable to wear for more than a short period of time...which means I rarely end up wearing them, and I feel so guilty about it. Your review helps me feel much more confident about choosing the white Princetowns, so thank you for that! :smile:

Glad that helped! Yes, wide feet are problematic lol. Enjoy your Princetowns! I should look into getting a pair. You can also look into the Brixtons. They’re very similar to the Jordaan loafers but the leather is much softer and more comfortable. But, they will show wear faster. I ultimately went with the Jordaan because I wanted a cleaner look but I pay the price by the end of the work day :lol:

@ehy210 thank you so much for posting about this!

I have wide feet too and have been itching to purchase a pair of black Jordaans, but was extremely nervous about doing so because of my wide feet. Fortunately, they've been out of stock in my size everywhere up until a few weeks ago...when they popped back in stock, and so did Princetowns in two colors I've been wanting. I bought my Princetowns a little over a year ago and I am so in love with them -- they are the most comfortable shoes I own -- and I was so torn over whether to order the Jordaans or another pair of Princetowns. Ultimately I decided that with spring coming up I'd get more immediate use out of white Princetowns and punted on the loafers for now. Given what you've written here, I am SO glad I did!

Wide feet are so problematic for buying designer shoes! The vast majority of them just aren't accommodating of wide feet. I have spent more money than I care to think about on designer shoes that seem like they will work at the time of purchase, yet even after extended wear and having them stretched they aren't comfortable to wear for more than a short period of time...which means I rarely end up wearing them, and I feel so guilty about it. Your review helps me feel much more confident about choosing the white Princetowns, so thank you for that! :smile:

Agreeing with @ehy210 the Brixtons would probably be a better bet, but so would the older version, the 1953 last is not so long and narrow (I have both). Not sure where you'd get these though.

Depending on your shoe size (you'd have to have larger women's feet) you could also go for a mens' Jordaan as they are made wider (including the heel). They are basically exactly the same look. You'd have to go in to try or workout what your women's shoe equivalent would be.

Glad that helped! Yes, wide feet are problematic lol. Enjoy your Princetowns! I should look into getting a pair. You can also look into the Brixtons. They’re very similar to the Jordaan loafers but the leather is much softer and more comfortable. But, they will show wear faster. I ultimately went with the Jordaan because I wanted a cleaner look but I pay the price by the end of the work day :lol:
@ehy210 thank you for your idea about the Brixtons! I have indeed heard that the leather is softer and might work better for my feet, but also had heard what you said about them not holding up as well, which was why I hadn't more seriously considered them. I think that I will, though, in the fall.

@papertiger, how I wish my feet were larger for that very reason! Unfortunately I'm a fairly petite woman with feet to match...my left foot is a 6/36 and my right is a 6.5/36.5. I am able to do this with unisex sneakers like Adidas Superstars, and it works really well since they are cut wider to accommodate men's feet, yet still come down to pretty small sizes. I do see now that Jordaans are available in mens sizes as small as 4.5, so it's perhaps worth a try-on, but typically with mens/unisex sizing (like Adidas) I need a mens size 4 or my heels slip out. I will definitely see if i can give these a try in person when I am able to! Unfortunately no stores where I live carry Gucci shoes, so trying anything on without ordering requires a trip to a larger city.

Thank you both so much for the ideas! :smile:

Reactions: papertiger
@ehy210 thank you for your idea about the Brixtons! I have indeed heard that the leather is softer and might work better for my feet, but also had heard what you said about them not holding up as well, which was why I hadn't more seriously considered them. I think that I will, though, in the fall.

@papertiger, how I wish my feet were larger for that very reason! Unfortunately I'm a fairly petite woman with feet to match...my left foot is a 6/36 and my right is a 6.5/36.5. I am able to do this with unisex sneakers like Adidas Superstars, and it works really well since they are cut wider to accommodate men's feet, yet still come down to pretty small sizes. I do see now that Jordaans are available in mens sizes as small as 4.5, so it's perhaps worth a try-on, but typically with mens/unisex sizing (like Adidas) I need a mens size 4 or my heels slip out. I will definitely see if i can give these a try in person when I am able to! Unfortunately no stores where I live carry Gucci shoes, so trying anything on without ordering requires a trip to a larger city.

Thank you both so much for the ideas! :smile:
@papertiger, quick question for you... I see that there is a 1953 womens horsebit loafer on the Gucci website. Is it cut differently from the version you have, or might these work? Admittedly I like the sleeker look of the Jordaans a bit better, but that's probably why they wouldn't fit my not-so-sleek feet! :lol:

Has anyone noticed major sizing differences in the Jordaan? I have a seasonal tweed pair from several years ago in a 34, they're a little snug but the 34.5 were slipping off. I (semi) recently tried on a different tweed pair in the 34 and couldn't even get them on. I want to get the black leather ones and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to a store to try them on first but figured it can't hurt to ask the experts.

For reference I'm typically a 35, but depending on brand and style I can fit in 34-35.5. In the princetowns I go up to 35.5.

Has anyone noticed major sizing differences in the Jordaan? I have a seasonal tweed pair from several years ago in a 34, they're a little snug but the 34.5 were slipping off. I (semi) recently tried on a different tweed pair in the 34 and couldn't even get them on. I want to get the black leather ones and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to a store to try them on first but figured it can't hurt to ask the experts.

For reference I'm typically a 35, but depending on brand and style I can fit in 34-35.5. In the princetowns I go up to 35.5.

The materials will change the fit on the uppers, but the sizes are exactly the same because the size indicates measurements of length/width of the sole, and the last will be the same used too.

Do you mean people wear the same size in princetowns that they do in Jordaan? The sizing has changed that drastically?

Jordaans and Princetowns share the SAME last but since there's no back on the Ps people have to buy for width so they don't slip off..

Please find the appropriate thread that covers (there's more than one) Princetowns and Jordaans. There is also a full breakdown in the Loafer Clubhouse.

You are confusing me.

This thread is about the differences between the Brixton V Jordaan. And you never mentioned you were buying Procetown, only another pair of Jordaans.

What difference would a Princetown size make if you're buying Jordaans.

And yes, Jordaans and Princetowns share the SAME last but since there's no back on the Ps people have to buy for width so they don't slip off..

Please find the appropriate thread that covers (there's more than one) Princetowns and Jordaans. There is also a full breakdown in the Loafer Clubhouse.
Your response confused me as well, that's why I was looking for clarity. I never mentioned knowing my Brixton size but you said "the sizes are exactly the same" so I didn't know what you were referencing. I know that the sizing for Jordaans and Brixtons were the same when I first tried them several years ago, but if I don't know my size in one now how would I know the other?

I gave my size in the princetowns (as well as my general shoe size range) since sometimes the size does matter (I don't know if it does in this case, but I didn't think giving a little extra info would hurt, apparently it did).

My original post says I'm looking to get a new pair of Jordaans and I wanted to know if the sizing has changed in the last several years. That's all I asked. If I asked for any change in the sizing of Jordaans and Brixtons would it somehow make it more appropriate?

Thank you for directing me to other threads. When I googled this was the top result so I thought it would be the best spot to post. The Gucci forum seems to be quite so I think I'm just going to have to take the time and try to find the Jordaans in store.

Last edited:
Your response confused me as well, that's why I was looking for clarity. I never mentioned knowing my Brixton size but you said "the sizes are exactly the same" so I didn't know what you were referencing. I know that the sizing for Jordaans and Brixtons were the same when I first tried them several years ago, but if I don't know my size in one now how would I know the other?

I gave my size in the princetowns (as well as my general shoe size range) since sometimes the size does matter (I don't know if it does in this case, but I didn't think giving a little extra info would hurt, apparently it did).

My original post says I'm looking to get a new pair of Jordaans and I wanted to know if the sizing has changed in the last several years. That's all I asked. If I asked for any change in the sizing of Jordaans and Brixtons would it somehow make it more appropriate?

Thank you for directing me to other threads. When I googled this was the top result so I thought it would be the best spot to post. The Gucci forum seems to be quite so I think I'm just going to have to take the time and try to find the Jordaans in store.
I can’t help much but definitely recommend trying in store. SA ordered Jordaan in 37 based on measurements and my old Princeton but turns out 36.5 was better for this particular style or even pair. (I had tried another color in 37 and those were ok…) I find Gucci staff lovely.

IMG_3860.jpeg