Help with dating my collection of vintage Etienne Aigner bags

durgidog

Sep 28, 2014
Does anyone own any early Aigner bags from the USA and/or Munich? I've been researching trademarks to try and date my small collection. I believe most are from the 60s-70s. A few are unlined and have black stickers that say "Etienne Aigner" in script and "handmade" beneath the signature. Some have this info embossed on the bag, but "hand made" is two words. Some have black lining, and some have burgundy signature lining. I'm happy to post pics of all of the marks if anyone is interested. I'm hoping someone has some info on dating these beautiful bags. In the meantime here two pictures of some of my collection, these are all accordion-style bags with three compartments.

48351969757_282066eb0b.jpg

I believe the bag on the right below is Aigner Munich from the 70s due to the style, the logo, and the fact that it was made in Italy. But I could be completely wrong, any help would be appreciated.

48351973332_546635720a.jpg

Reactions: ChickosMom
I'm following your post. I have the same bag on the bottom left and have been unable to find more information about it. Like you, I believe it's from the 60's, 70's and would really like to learn more.

Hi, I am new to the whole Luxury goods stuff, I bought an Aigner just because it looked good, and then I did some research and found out about it being a luxury brand. Mine is in not so good condition, and it has beige leather lining. Please consider: I do not yet know, if this bag is authentic, but it is in fact very well made, though the condition could be better. I searched for it online, but haven´t found
it...... I also have no information on a serial number, or where it has been made. Because of its style I would date it to the 60s/70s but I would really like your opinion, since I definitely don´t know what I am talking about :0 Aigner bag 2.jpegAigner Emblem.jpegAigner Inside.jpegAigner bag 1.jpeg