Help with Balenciaga Day - single-sided tassels!

Jun 5, 2010
Hi there
I've just received this pre-loved black Day and am curious about what year it's from. It feels like chevre and has been well used, and didn't come with tags. However, the tassels are single-sided, and I wondered if that might help narrow down the year? Does anyone know when double-sided tassels were introduced? I've done a search but can't find anything on this! The numbers on the back of the leather tag are: 140442.1000 and underneath this 213048, but don't think this helps with finding the year! Many thanks in advance for any help with this! :smile:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 150
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 151
By single-sided do you mean the back of it is like suede, not smooth? I think you're looking at typical split tassels--that is, the two pieces originally were glued together (what you're calling double-sided)..

Hi jellyv
Thanks for your reply :smile: No, they are definitely single-sided - shiny on both sides and each tassel (the one the front zipper and the one on the top zipper) has only two pieces - my split tassels on other Bals become four separate pieces! I also have a 2001 FBF and that has single-sided tassels, so I'm wondering if this is a very early Day - though it looks exactly like current Days...

Really can't tell from photos. If you knew if it were chevre you could assume pre-2008. The rivets are not much help, because even the earliest Days (S/S 2005) may have had notched rivets. I've seen the single sided tassels with the newer bags.

No help at all. Sorry. :thinking: