Alexander Wang HELP with Alexander Wang Marti backpack

karl_k

Jun 14, 2014
Hello!

I was wondering how the Marti backpack in black leather holds up? I have read some threads about it but it seemed that everyone's bag were practically new. I have the Rocco in black tumbled leather. It lasted for 2 years and now the corners are practically off. I somewhat recently purchased Givenchy Antigona but I feel like I need something more young and more in sync with my lifestyle. The other option is Balenciaga City in regular hardware (I also feel that this wouldn't get much use though and I can always get it in the future when I feel like it's the right time) and I also like Saint Laurent's Classic Hunter backpack in black nylon canvas and leather. Please, could anyone give me any advice on Marti and help with my decision?!

Best,

Karl

The leather on the Marti is very soft, so if you plan on using it a lot I wouldn't recommend it. It's going to rub and eventually look very worn. I'm sure some users can attest to this. I wanted this bag too, but I could just foresee the problems... When it came out in the exhaust color, the leather looked a little more sturdy. I noticed Saks has the mini Marti.. if you like the Marti style maybe a smaller version would fare better.

The leather on the Marti is very soft, so if you plan on using it a lot I wouldn't recommend it. It's going to rub and eventually look very worn. I'm sure some users can attest to this. I wanted this bag too, but I could just foresee the problems... When it came out in the exhaust color, the leather looked a little more sturdy. I noticed Saks has the mini Marti.. if you like the Marti style maybe a smaller version would fare better.
Thank you for your reply! The mini version is too small. I carry sometimes a lot of things with me. I don't mind worn look as long as it doesn't tear or just break.

Thank you for your reply! The mini version is too small. I carry sometimes a lot of things with me. I don't mind worn look as long as it doesn't tear or just break.

Ah. I don't think it'll outright tear on you, and the multi straps will help with weight distribution. If you really like it, I say go for it!

Hello!

I was wondering how the Marti backpack in black leather holds up? I have read some threads about it but it seemed that everyone's bag were practically new. I have the Rocco in black tumbled leather. It lasted for 2 years and now the corners are practically off. I somewhat recently purchased Givenchy Antigona but I feel like I need something more young and more in sync with my lifestyle. The other option is Balenciaga City in regular hardware (I also feel that this wouldn't get much use though and I can always get it in the future when I feel like it's the right time) and I also like Saint Laurent's Classic Hunter backpack in black nylon canvas and leather. Please, could anyone give me any advice on Marti and help with my decision?!

Best,

Karl

I agree with this, I have a metallic Marti that has held up well (granted I've only carried it a handful of times) but I don't use it as a backpack b/c I think it would wear much faster that way. I also had a Donna in the soft AW leather, and I definitely think that leather would wear easily in a backpack. I had a strap break on a Millie I had a few years ago, so I'm always paranoid about caring anything heavy with an AW strap. I recently bought an MCM backpack, and that thing wears like iron! I took it on a beach vacation, have used it as a carry-on, shove it in my desk drawer at work, etc, and you can't even tell I've used it.

I agree with this, I have a metallic Marti that has held up well (granted I've only carried it a handful of times) but I don't use it as a backpack b/c I think it would wear much faster that way. I also had a Donna in the soft AW leather, and I definitely think that leather would wear easily in a backpack. I had a strap break on a Millie I had a few years ago, so I'm always paranoid about caring anything heavy with an AW strap. I recently bought an MCM backpack, and that thing wears like iron! I took it on a beach vacation, have used it as a carry-on, shove it in my desk drawer at work, etc, and you can't even tell I've used it.
Thank you for you advice! I really like the bag though. I think I will get it anyways for daily use.