Help with Alexa colour!!!

Cocorose

Sep 11, 2011
Many thanks to all the lovely ladies who helped me decide for once and all that I definitely need to own an Alexa.....I am now totally torn on colour. I originally loved Conker (I have an oak Bays and wanted something different) and was wondering whether to hold out for the sales, but in fact this colour is now practically sold out, so if I want it I need to decide fairly quickly. Then I was alerted to the lovely Nightshade large silky snake version due to hit UK stores next month Thank you Peanut!).....it looks stunning and has the wow factor!

I don't often wear navy (apart from denim), but wear a lot of neutrals as well as purply-plum-wine tones. So what to do? Plump for one of the last conkers, or hold out (and save a few more pennies) for the as yet unseen Nightshade? And will the silky snake finish be robust or will it be kept for best?

Any comments gratefully received!!!! THANK YOU!!! XXX:smile:

Cocorose said:
Many thanks to all the lovely ladies who helped me decide for once and all that I definitely need to own an Alexa.....I am now totally torn on colour. I originally loved Conker (I have an oak Bays and wanted something different) and was wondering whether to hold out for the sales, but in fact this colour is now practically sold out, so if I want it I need to decide fairly quickly. Then I was alerted to the lovely Nightshade large silky snake version due to hit UK stores next month Thank you Peanut!).....it looks stunning and has the wow factor!

I don't often wear navy (apart from denim), but wear a lot of neutrals as well as purply-plum-wine tones. So what to do? Plump for one of the last conkers, or hold out (and save a few more pennies) for the as yet unseen Nightshade? And will the silky snake finish be robust or will it be kept for best?

Any comments gratefully received!!!! THANK YOU!!! XXX:smile:

I've got the mini alexa in conker (as well as an oak bays same as you) and I absolutely love the colour!! It goes with so much, but I haven't seen the nightshade colour yet! Bet that's gorgeous too :biggrin:

Thanks for that! Good to know that conker is so versatile. So difficult to make a decision without seeing them both side by side which just isn't possible....if I dither for much longer the conker will be gone and nightshade it'll be! Althought I guess either will be divine! Any other opinions (manybe from ink Alexa owners?) XX:smile:

I personally looove a navy! Especially a dark almost black navy. I wear that as a neutral shade. I bet the conker is lovely too. Just going on color alone I would go with the Nightshade. I would however, wait for someone to stop by and let you know how that silky snake print finish wears. I wouldn't drop all my pennies on a bag that won't wear well!!

Hey Cocorose - if you're near a Mulberry store it may be worth calling to find out if they have the new season leather swatches in yet. I know the Bond Street shop does because I looked at them yesterday. It may give you a better idea about the texture.

Agreed ALP713! Thank you! And Peanut B - great idea (yet again!) - I live in London so that's easy. I phoned to ask when the new Alexas are expected in-store (December) but didn't enquire about swatches. Any ladies out there with experience of the silky snake finish on any bags, how much babying it needs and whether it would have to be an occasions-only bag (in which case I may go conker...) Thanks everyone! x

I would see if you might be lucky enough to get one of the styles you liked in the sale but if you go into the shop look in the alexa pockets inside you will find a care card where they will tell you if the bag is a finish you need to treat delicately, if you found you had an issue and this is not clearly marked you would be entitled to return the item for a refund. I have a few alexa's in the same leather as conker and I have found it to be very good but I don't weigh the bag down with too many items it's not built quite the same as a bayswater.

I have the silky snake Tillie and wear it mostly as a messenger with my oak alexa strap. I haven't found any wear on it whatsoever, however it doesn't get used everyday.
If I can remember from looking at the pictures of the coming season I think the silky snake on the nightshade alexa is a bigger design than it was last season.

Thank you Ondrea and Smally, that's great about the silky snake, although as you say it is defintely a larger design than last season. The nightshade and conker bags are haunting my dreams.....any strong preferences either way ladies? xxx:cool:

thanks Christinana! having taken advice and visited the conker and the nightshade sampler. I HAVE MADE MY CHOICE.......!!!! A from-me-to-me christmas gift! Thanks to all those who helped!

Cocorose said:
thanks Christinana! having taken advice and visited the conker and the nightshade sampler. I HAVE MADE MY CHOICE.......!!!! A from-me-to-me christmas gift! Thanks to all those who helped!

Hi cocorose
What have you chosen?!

Cocorose,
Did you make a decision? I'm facing the same dilemma. I don't own any Mulberry purses but I persuade myself to purchase one. :P I really like "Plaster Pink" Alexa but worry that if I will end up not wearing it often because of its pastel tone. It looks really pretty and I think that it's perfect for a spring time (and I think pastel is a 2012 spring fashion trend) but I don't know how I can match it with my clothes. I mostly wear black or navy color clothes. Well... I know that black is pretty versatile but I don't know. I feel like it will stand out with my black suits, so anyway I think oak Alexa is a safe choice for me. What do you think?
Conker looks really pretty, but if this is your first Alexa and if you are looking for something that matches well with everything, then I think oak is a better choice. Good luck.