Help with a BV sandal

The other thing to remember, Baggiana, is that there are little padded strips you can attach to the inside of the back strap. I have some sandals that have stretched out due to wear and this was a great solution for me. The foam was softer than the leather, so it was good for that reason, too. They are made by Foot Pedals and are called Heavenly Heelz.

It may also be an option for the copper snake sandals. They are gorgeous. Also, what BL said...moving the heel strap attachment point forward, could also be an option. A good shoe repair person could do that. It took me a while to find one of those here in town. If you want to pursue that, look for someone who does work for theater and ballet groups.

Thanks for trying them on, Doloresmia! :hugs: We nearly wear the same size. I decided to go a different route - 3 belts: a nero degrade, a nero python and a chene python. I have developed a real love for these BV belts! I just love the toe-ring multi/nero vachette sandal and don't think that I can improve on those... they are my all time favs!

jburgh, I am not certain how the strips would work since the back of the copper ayers sandal is different. Because of the swirl design of the sandal, there is no place to cut and not destroy the design. I am not certain why the back will not stay on my heel but it is not because it is too large or stretched out. It cuts in an awkward place on the forefoot (painful) and slides off the back after a few steps. I just think that the design of the sandal does not fit my foot well.

I wonder if the problem is the thickness of the sole. If it will not bend a bit, it would pull the back strap down when you walk. I returned a really cute pair of BV sandals because they were too stiff and it caused the strap to rub my foot.

I feel your pain :cry: I have a pair of gold t-strap bv flats that will no longer stay on in the back. the clasps keep coming loose as it moves along the leather strap. your bronze flats are gorgeous!

^^^I had the same thought - the sole of the baggiana sandal was very thick and would not give much

I do agree that some other brands with more flexible soles like Giuseppe Zanotti never present that kind of a problem for me (the heel strap slipping off) and they are very, very comfortable right from the start.

I wish that I could say that the sole of the copper ayers sandals was thicker or stiffer than the other two BV sandals that I have, but alas, it is not true. It is the swirl design of the top that is the problem. They are indeed lovely - in the box and on my feet if I do not have to walk. Not what I want from a shoe!

:smooch: & :hugs: doloresmia and jcamdon, you were right!!! :flowers: I remembered a scene from the Black Swan... Ms. Perfection was bending and pounding her toe shoes to break them down and in to work with her feet. I decided that I had nothing to lose, so I took those lovelies out of the box and and bent them back and forth in several places multiple times - fully expecting something to break but all that happened was the leather softened on the sole making is easier to flex the soles... and now the straps do not instantly fall off! The front of the sandal is much more comfortable, too. I am going to continue to work on the soles until they are perfect. I asked for help with a BV sandal - and you came to my rescue - and now I can actually wear my copper ayers sandals!... :yahoo: Thank you!!!

:smooch: & :hugs: doloresmia and jcamdon, you were right!!! :flowers: I remembered a scene from the Black Swan... Ms. Perfection was bending and pounding her toe shoes to break them down and in to work with her feet. I decided that I had nothing to lose, so I took those lovelies out of the box and and bent them back and forth in several places multiple times - fully expecting something to break but all that happened was the leather softened on the sole making is easier to flex the soles... and now the straps do not instantly fall off! The front of the sandal is much more comfortable, too. I am going to continue to work on the soles until they are perfect. I asked for help with a BV sandal - and you came to my rescue - and now I can actually wear my copper ayers sandals!... :yahoo: Thank you!!!

whoo hoo!!!! it is always a struggle to find the perfect flat sandal - sounds like copper is on its way to being so for you!

Oh, I wish I would have thought of doing that with mine before I returned them!!!!