Help ! What should I do ??

Naghia

May 18, 2016
The handle of my speedy B got splashed by (i think) my hand sanitizer. I just knew it this morning, and I remember using the bag couple of days ago. It's a little dot but it seems giant for me as we always want our baby to be new, right ? -:smile:

Anyone know how to remove the stains without making it worst ? I want to wipe it with wet tissue but I'm too afraid it will darken the patina. My bag is 2016 and the patina is in perfect colour.

IMG20200827141130.jpg

IMG20200827141152.jpg

This feels like a "beauty mark". I wouldn't worry about it. I'm very anal retentive when it comes to my bags - but I can also allow for marks. Especially those that I know happened at a point in time - thus they add to the history of the bag. It's a bit of an oxymoron - but it makes sense in my world :amuse: It will eventually fade in to the beauty of the bag

Reactions: Naghia
I know it is hard but I wouldn’t do anything to it as I have seen that make it so much worse! I think over time it will be harder to notice (honestly it is not that big now but it’s not my bag, so easy for me to say). Also just think if it is there in 15 years you will always remember the pandemic and the extraordinary amount of hand sanitizer used

Reactions: GaMomJRM and Loriad
This feels like a "beauty mark". I wouldn't worry about it. I'm very anal retentive when it comes to my bags - but I can also allow for marks. Especially those that I know happened at a point in time - thus they add to the history of the bag. It's a bit of an oxymoron - but it makes sense in my world :amuse: It will eventually fade in to the beauty of the bag
Thank you, you made my day :smile:

I know it is hard but I wouldn’t do anything to it as I have seen that make it so much worse! I think over time it will be harder to notice (honestly it is not that big now but it’s not my bag, so easy for me to say). Also just think if it is there in 15 years you will always remember the pandemic and the extraordinary amount of hand sanitizer used
Aahh yes you're right, there is a story behind it. It will remind me of the pandemic :smile:

Reactions: Bags_4_life
The handle of my speedy B got splashed by (i think) my hand sanitizer. I just knew it this morning, and I remember using the bag couple of days ago. It's a little dot but it seems giant for me as we always want our baby to be new, right ? -:smile:

Anyone know how to remove the stains without making it worst ? I want to wipe it with wet tissue but I'm too afraid it will darken the patina. My bag is 2016 and the patina is in perfect colour.

View attachment 4830080

View attachment 4830081
I removed a stain on my LV bag handle. It was about the same size as yours with Brahman leather protector. I rubbed it out. Amazon has this leather protector.