Help w/ a sale went wrong

Z&J

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
I sold a Gustto baca bag this week on ebay. I purchased it myself from neimanmarcus.com so I would never ever think it would be a fake. Well the buyer just sent me a note that the bag is fake and of course they want a refund. I contacted nm and here's they're reply:

Thank you for contacting Neiman Marcus Online.
Please be assured that any designer
merchandise purchased at Neiman Marcus
is authentic.
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, we will gladly accept your unworn, unwashed, or defective merchandise for a refund.
For a full credit, please return your merchandise by following the instructions on your return form included on your packing slip and send your package via FedEx or insured Parcel Post to:
Neiman Marcus
Attn: Returns Department
123 Customer Way
Irving, TX 75039
Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you again for shopping with Neiman Marcus Online. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sincerely,
Portia Pruitt
[email protected]
888-888-4757

Is the bag a fake or does the buyer just not like it? What to do:sad: :sad:

The buyer is either A) not familiar with the bag. B) has buyers remorse. Or C) wanting to pull a switcheroo.

You have two choices. 1) offer to accept the bag back, and the buyer will recieve a refund once you inspect your "hidden sellers mark" (that usually scares the crap out of them if they are trying to pull a switcheroo). Or 2) Take a negative feedback and risk getting a chargeback and losing the bag all together if they paid via Paypal with a chargecard.

Yes, I agree your kind of stuck here. This is one of the hazards of Ebay. 99 percent of the people you deal with are fine...you have 1 percent that mess things up for honest sellers such as yourself.

Either refuse to take it back, it is authentic and you know it!

Or you offer a refund. Don't offer to refund shipping, don't mention it. Offer a refund after your 100 percent sure it's your bag you received back. Then you'll at least have the bag to sell again.

Good luck.

The few times I returned Chloe bags to NM the girl NEVER EVER took any of the bags out of the dustbag to look at them, so its very easy for someone to pull a switcheroo I would think. Then NM puts the bag back for sale and then somone gets the fake bag. Maybe its because they know me there, but you never know. I hope it works out okay! I bet she just changed her mind.

hi, i was really interested in this topic because i'm looking for a gustto bag and i don't understand why half the bacas i see have 'gustto' on the hardware and the other half don't? i've looked through several respectable stores and see the same difference. did gustto just change the design?

hi, i was really interested in this topic because i'm looking for a gustto bag and i don't understand why half the bacas i see have 'gustto' on the hardware and the other half don't? i've looked through several respectable stores and see the same difference. did gustto just change the design?

Yes, the response I received DIRECT from Gustto is that the initial line of bags they did were made without the GUSTTO stamped in the hardware. The next few seasons they added it.

If you have proof that you purchased it, like a credit card receipt or original store receipt, then do not give the buyer a refund. If you do not have proof, I'm sure since you bought it online from neiman marcus that they will have that in there records and can send you a copy of the invioce. This person is probably trying to pull a switcharoo.

If you still have that letter from I would email it to the buyer. Did you have final sale in the description?

as far as returning bags and the sa not inspecting...I've returned a few and they have always looked at the bag and price tag.