Help! Two-tone or stainless steel small Cartier panthere?

Which color Cartier Panthere? (Small)

• Two tone

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Stainless steel

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters

vicknasty

Dec 30, 2015
I would like to celebrate something special (a personal accomplishment), and I would like to treat myself to something nice to also help me keep track of time (and also look nice). I am having trouble deciding between the two tone or stainless steel panthere (size small). Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :smile:

IMG_0300.jpegIMG_0301.jpeg

I have a two-tone Panthere with a leather strap and I love it. I've had it for many years and it's still one of my favorite watches. I prefer the two tone.

Another Panthere buddy! How exciting!
Congratulations on your personal accomplishment! :yahoo: Go treat yourself!!:tup:

Agree with the others, I also vote for TT. :heart:
The SS looks a bit washed out on you.

Reactions: LizO...
Sounds like everyone is going two-tone. I agree it looks great. Only comments/suggestions I have are about what other jewelry you wear and price.

If you wear yellow gold and want to ensure your watch coordinates, then two-tone for sure. But if you wear white gold/silver/platinum, steel would be more seamless. Re: price…the steel is less expensive so that might be a factor, and the difference might allow you to get another piece of jewelry :graucho:

I find the Panthere in two-tone is interesting….from a distance it’s hard to discern it even is two colors. The contrast just makes it pop a bit more but is very subtle. I’ve been watching “Buying Beverly Hills” and I think Alexia Umansky wears a two-tone Panthere but it’s very hard to tell, whereas another person on the show has a two-tone Rolex and the metal colors stand out very obviously.

Thank you for all the input everyone!!
Sounds like everyone is going two-tone. I agree it looks great. Only comments/suggestions I have are about what other jewelry you wear and price.

If you wear yellow gold and want to ensure your watch coordinates, then two-tone for sure. But if you wear white gold/silver/platinum, steel would be more seamless. Re: price…the steel is less expensive so that might be a factor, and the difference might allow you to get another piece of jewelry :graucho:

I find the Panthere in two-tone is interesting….from a distance it’s hard to discern it even is two colors. The contrast just makes it pop a bit more but is very subtle. I’ve been watching “Buying Beverly Hills” and I think Alexia Umansky wears a two-tone Panthere but it’s very hard to tell, whereas another person on the show has a two-tone Rolex and the metal colors stand out very obviously.
A big general thank you to everyone who responded with their thoughts!! Yes, I am leaning towards the two tone. I have a mix of yellow gold and white gold rings, primarily yellow gold bracelets (with the exception of one WG tennis), so I am leaning towards the two tone (though I found a vintage all yellow gold panthere online the other night is making me rethink my choices… hehe the best kind of problem to have).

I was in the same boat for the small Panthere and decided to get the stainless steel because the two tone looks a bit mature in this style. I like the two tone on a Rolex because they are more sporty looking. The Panthere watch is an elegant style, so I ordered the stainless steel. Looks more stylish and younger in my opinion.
Waiting for my small Panthere to arrive in the boutique this week.