HELP! Town or Velo???

kerpea30

Mar 14, 2011
I'm taking a trip to NYC next week and I need a good crossbody bag. I'm considering the Town or Velo but can't decide. I need enough space for the essentials, bottle of water & possibly to carry small purchases. I'm worried about the weight too. Would the Velo weigh more that the Town? What do you suggest?

The Town is much, much smaller than the Velo. It probably would hold a small water bottle, the essentials (wallet, phone, keys) and a few small things but will not leave room for much else.

The Velo on the other hand is quite roomy and definitely will carry all that you mentioned- and more! It's a bit heavier than the Town of course, being of a larger size, but Bal bags in general are not "that" heavy compared to other brands, so I think it boils down to your size preference.

Last edited:
If you'll wear it for travelling, I suggest velo is the best. It's much more roomier than town. If it's agneau it's not heavy in my opinion.. I have both.. Town is beautiful but it's just too small for travelling

Velo is my favorite style. It's not a heavy bag (well if you have the giant hardware, I suppose it would be heavier). I think it's a perfect day-on-the-town kind of bag.

I have both a velo and a town and prefer the velo much more as an everyday bag. I don't find it overwhelming for my 5'5" frame at all. The town will hold the essentials but it doesn't have much room for anything else.

Good luck in your decision!

Another vote for Velo. I am small- 5"2', and i don't find the Velo overwhelming. The smooshy lightweight leather lies flat when not full, yet swallows a lot as you add stuff through the day.

I choose bags for what i need to haul - the notion of small body/small bag is tricky when small people carry un-small loads. The Velo Does this better than most bags I've had (and i've had FAR FAR too many) - because its so smooshy and light.

Town would be much too small for (the way i) travel. Velo would be perfect.