Help to decide! Mono Speedy or DE Speedy?

Pursecake

O.G.
Jan 27, 2010
I just recently got my first LV and i chose to get the Mono Galliera PM first along with a DE french purse wallet as my first purchase rather than a speedy.

I want to get a Speedy for everyday wear and i'm not sure whether to get the monogram or DE...

So to all speedy owners, what helped you make the decision to follow the pattern that you got?

Every purchase i make from LV is a big one to me and i want to make sure that i make the right decision! :smile:

I have the Monogram 40, but I feel like I made the wrong decision. That's the reason for me, buying a second Speedy in DE this summer. The main reason for me is the high maintenance of the vachetta leather here in the rainy climate.
If you're not scared of stains and stuff like that, I would say Mono. Such a classic and the patina looks great on the bag. But if you like a bag to stay perfect, a Damier Ebene Speedy is the one for you. =)

Can't wait for your reveal!

I got the mono speedy because it was my first bag and I felt like mono was a good starter bag... As for maintenance the DE is easier to take care of because of the treated leather. Either way they are both beautiful bags

I love mono...don´t know why:biggrin:Looks sportly and cacual at me.:cool: But I love the Damier pattern. I have also a Speedy azur. And in a few of month, I want to buy the Damier Speedy B in DE:biggrin:Love all Pattern..
I think, can not help.

Pursecake said:
I just recently got my first LV and i chose to get the Mono Galliera PM first along with a DE french purse wallet as my first purchase rather than a speedy.

I want to get a Speedy for everyday wear and i'm not sure whether to get the monogram or DE...

So to all speedy owners, what helped you make the decision to follow the pattern that you got?

Every purchase i make from LV is a big one to me and i want to make sure that i make the right decision! :smile:

I just got DE Speedy on Friday, and I love it!!

I have the Monogram 40, but I feel like I made the wrong decision. That's the reason for me, buying a second Speedy in DE this summer. The main reason for me is the high maintenance of the vachetta leather here in the rainy climate.
If you're not scared of stains and stuff like that, I would say Mono. Such a classic and the patina looks great on the bag. But if you like a bag to stay perfect, a Damier Ebene Speedy is the one for you. =)

Can't wait for your reveal!

The Mono and DE are different in material? oh no! i got the mono galliera... does that mean i can't wear it in the rain? what do i have to do to keep it in good condition? sorry i'm very new to LV :nogood:

I love both. I went with DE for my first speedy because it is care free and I don't have to worry about vachetta. Since you already have a mono bag I would get the DE speedy and get the mono later on.

I love both. I went with DE for my first speedy because it is care free and I don't have to worry about vachetta. Since you already have a mono bag I would get the DE speedy and get the mono later on.

So all mono bags are vachetta? how often and what do i have to use to treat it to make sure that it's in good condition?