HELP - The suede lining of my Bayswater Buffalo Shine has torn

nielkono

Aug 1, 2011
I purchased this Buffalo Shine leather Bayswater in Septrember 2011 and I have taken very good care of it. Few days ago I saw something white peeking from the corner of the bag and saw that the suede lining of the bag was a bit torn from the corner of the from seem. I don't know about the regular Bayswaters but this bag has a suede lining on the inside and it seems to me that there is somekind design error. The cornerof the seam is not sown at all, and it constantly rubs against the inside of the bag and has caused this tearing.

It doesn't look THAT bad, but I'm pretty sure it will only get worse. I'm posting this now, because I'm not sure whether I should take it to the store or not. It's a small thing and has come from use. But the bag is new and it has started to bother me now that I noticed it.

What do you think? And also, has anyone else had similar problems with their Bayswaters?

Thanks for your help (and hope the pictures show)!

DSC_0286_03_.jpg

DSC_0278_01_.jpg

DSC_0281_02_.jpg

DSC_0291_04_.jpg

Last edited:
Bags should be able to withstand normal wear, I would definitely take it back and demand a repair or preferably a replacement.

It's only a few months old and it's totally unacceptable.

Bags should be able to withstand normal wear, I would definitely take it back and demand a repair or preferably a replacement.

PS would like to see the photos but I can't .....

I changed the pictures to Photobucket, you should see them now! :smile:

Now that I look at those pictures I really do think I should take it to the store for them to have a look... Luckily the situation is not as bad as the picture look, but as I said, I think it will only get worse in time. Not happy :sad:

I changed the pictures to Photobucket, you should see them now! :smile:

Now that I look at those pictures I really do think I should take it to the store for them to have a look... Luckily the situation is not as bad as the picture look, but as I said, I think it will only get worse in time. Not happy :sad:

I can see the photos now.
Given the price you have paid this should not happen.

I agree with the other comments, this is totally unacceptable for a brand-new bag! I have two full-size Bayswaters and I haven't had any issues like this with either of them even though they were both bought preloved. I would demand a replacement rather than repair if I were you - you are within the warranty period anyway and they haven't got a leg to stand on. You don't expect these sorts of quality issues with an expensive bag like this.

I agree with everyone else, this is far worse than what you would expect from normal wear and tear and you should definitely take it back. Mulberry CS has been excellent in my experience and they will do something about it, bear in mind a repair could take several weeks though so maybe you could ask for a replacement, I hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Thank you all for your comments! I will take it back to the store as soon as I have the time. There is only one problem - my bag was purchased from London Heathrow airport and I live in Finland. I hope they can do something about it here in Finland also. I would imagine that their the customer care is kind of world wide, at least they can ship the bag to the store I bought it from. But I don't think they will give me a replacement here :sad:

We'll see!