Help! Spots on my bag!

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
So I recently purchased a 2007 Step bag from a lovely TPFer, which had a few minor small spots on it (which were disclosed). They weren't very noticeable, so I let it go.....but after only a couple of weeks of carrying I am noticing more and more spots appearing on that side of the bag! I'm not sure where they are coming from....and it only seems like it's that side. A few of them come out if I gently scratch them with a fingernail....but others seem pretty dry and stuck.

Has anyone had this problem before with their Bbags? I used to have a black First but it never had this problem. Also, what cleaners should I use to get rid of them? I never intended to use a cleaner on a Bbag (and this one is currently naked) but now it's looking like I have to! I looked at the mile long thread about LMB vs Apple, and it's only gotten me more confused. I'm leaning towards LMB right now, but if I go that route, which cleaners will fix this issue? There are seriously a dozen types on that website!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Okay, I seriously got freaked out and found some other threads about this issue....it does sound like that's the problem (although I didn't think my area was that humid, but it must be!). I hurried and bought the LMB Antibacterial (thanks BeBear!) and the Apple Leather Care kit. I'm gonna wipe those suckers off when I get all these products in....let's hope that does the job!