Help! Someone spilled beer on my brand new BV handbag!

stacy_natalie

Aug 28, 2015
I just got the small BV hop and love it. I was so excited to use it for the first time yesterday but last night, beer was spilled all over one side of the bag. I tried to immediately dry it up using a microfiber cloth and then dampen cloth with a little bit of water to wipe down bag. I am praying it does not ruin bag. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do, how to clean, how to remove beer smell?! Thanks in advance!!

I just got the small BV hop and love it. I was so excited to use it for the first time yesterday but last night, beer was spilled all over one side of the bag. I tried to immediately dry it up using a microfiber cloth and then dampen cloth with a little bit of water to wipe down bag. I am praying it does not ruin bag. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do, how to clean, how to remove beer smell?! Thanks in advance!!
The same has happened to me (a few times! Should never bring my bottega to the pub!) and honestly mine is absolutely fine. I just wipe down with slightly damp cloth to make sure nothing sticky left on there, and air it out afterwards. Have had no issue with alcohol smell remaining.

I spilled an entire bottle of water in one of my new BVs (metallic Cervo, intrecciato), When dry it displayed a slight hardening and contraction, I then massaged Nivea into the weave and it's absolutely perfect save for the slight water mark on the inside, but even that is fading. That was just water (first and last time I ever carried a bottle of water)

My worry would be from the alcohol and the sugar from the beer. If there is any damage, take it to BV to look at, they can perform miracles.

Last edited:
Reactions: lill_canele
Thank you both. I learned lesson with spilling entire bottle of water inside my YSL icare tote when it was brand new but worried about the beer bc got on interior and exterior of this bag and with the Intrecciato weave it seemed to seep into all the nooks and crannies. Hopefully I wiped it down quickly enough and will see how it looks tomorrow when it dries. Thank you both!

Time for your (ex) friend to buy you a new bag ... just kidding sort of
I really hope you can get the stain and smell out. Maybe see if BV can help in some way

Is there a rehab thread for BV?
I got some Japanese salad dressing on my vintage lambskin BV. It's not super noticeable but makes me sad since the bag was pristine before this. Any tips on how to clean it or should I leave it alone? I have some Coach leather cleaner, Leather CPR... I'm worried because it is lambskin.

Attachments

• 20240413_141109.jpg
    20240413_141109.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240413_141114.jpg
    20240413_141114.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240413_141120.jpg
    20240413_141120.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 22