HELP! Slippery straps on Ballade??

peevenjo

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
So I just got the Idylle Ballade MM and used it today. When I tried it at home it was fine sitting on my bare shoulders, but when I wore a t-shirt, the straps kept slipping off! I was afraid of that since the straps are way out til almost the edge of the bag and I had asked the SA but she said the straps would not slip. Darnnnn and I love this bag too! Any advice/suggestions?? Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Thank you! :love:

I don't have a problem with the straps so far. I was thinking if you would 'load the bag' to make it heavier, as this is a very light handbag, perhaps it would help, if that makes any sense.

So I just got the Idylle Ballade MM and used it today. When I tried it at home it was fine sitting on my bare shoulders, but when I wore a t-shirt, the straps kept slipping off! I was afraid of that since the straps are way out til almost the edge of the bag and I had asked the SA but she said the straps would not slip. Darnnnn and I love this bag too! Any advice/suggestions?? Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Thank you! :love:

I notice that the straps slip too, but as it is wearing it is improving but I still find myself pulling them up a lot...

Yes, definitely criss-cross the straps. It may not be perfect but it should hold for a while. Strap slippage is one of my pet peeves so that's why I have mostly hand-held or single strap bags--except for NF's ---those straps never seem to slip since they're so skinny, I guess. Also the more the bag is broken in, there should be less slippage.