Help! [Seeking Opinions~] Mysterious spots on my scarves

So sorry your scarf has become discoloured, and hoping it can be fixed.
In addition to mold, you might consider acid damage from the tissue paper and cardboard box in which the scarf is stored. I doubt H uses acid-free papers to wrap its products. In either case, the box will have to go, and you'll have to rethink your storage options.
Good luck!
Actually H does use acid free paper to wrap scarves. All of their scarf boxes have acid free tissue paper.

Time to weigh in here as I started the idea that the OP's scarf might be showing acid damage. :sad:The tissue H uses might be acid-free, but it is not conservation-grade. Over time, acid could cause a problem. The OP says she has had the scarf for many years, and lives in a humid climate. I don't believe H silks should be stored long-term in the original tissue paper and the box.:confused1: This is just my opinion, but based on my DM's H silks collection (she had over 600 scarves). She used only conservation-grade tissue paper on her lovely items.
Hopes this helps a bit.:smile:

Reactions: PJW5813
Having dealt with paper conservation, but not fabric, I was curious about what was recommended. The Smithsonian Institution recommends using unbuffered acid-free tissue paper for silk and wool, rather than the buffered acid-free tissue that is recommended for cotton, linen, and jute. Both Gaylord Brothers and Hollinger Corporation sell unbuffered tissue. I have no idea whether H uses buffered or unbuffered tissue, and I expect the SA's in the boutiques have no idea, either. That said, I expect this is a mold problem of some type. The best thing the OP could do going forward is to find a cool/cold lower-humidity place to store all her scarves. And if I were her, I would be checking her other scarves to be sure they haven't been damaged as well.

Reactions: JolieS and PJW5813
Many thanks for the lovelies and helpful replies! I just wondered how I can get those of the unbuffered tissue? I am living in Malaysia, a tropical with humid climate. It will be great if I find any helpful channels to get hold and purchase these tissues.

I suggest you contact the National Textile Museum in Kuala Lumpur and ask where they get their supplies. In the US I would recommend Hollinger Corporation, but I think there must be a supplier closer to you in Asia.