Help! Rubbing my antigona to clean but it turned worse

tiramisusea

May 13, 2018
I was trying to clean the handle part. I thought it was color transfer from my jeans. But it got worse. So I started to experiment on the patch leather. It will turn darker if I use water, alcohol, soap water, vinegar, leather cleaner, and baby wipes. Oil, eraser, and corn starch won't help. I've tried everything I can to clean it. But it looks like a tribochromism. What should I do?

IMG_8855.JPG IMG_3723.JPG

Reactions: Ladan Mrss
Same issue here!
I have the mini Antigona in Calfskin leather and in color Mint green.
I tried to clean the color transfer from jeans and dark denims, but no luck.
I tried many leather cleaning products and moisturizers, but it seems as if the dye has been sinked inside the leather and not as an external layer on top to be rubbed off.
I guess the only option is to either take it to Givenchy if that is even an option. Or every now and then, when the dye looks awful, just redye it with another coat of color.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
OMG! Did you test on the leather sample? I found it’s not color transfer at all. Rubbing the leather with a wet q-tip will make it happen! I guess the dirt on my bag is just because when it’s raining, my clothes become a little bit wet, then the leather turns darker.
There is no Givenchy store in my city. So I’ve send email to them. Hope they can help me to figure out
Same issue here!
I have the mini Antigona in Calfskin leather and in color Mint green.
I tried to clean the color transfer from jeans and dark denims, but no luck.
I tried many leather cleaning products and moisturizers, but it seems as if the dye has been sinked inside the leather and not as an external layer on top to be robbed off.
I guess the only option is to either take it to Givenchy if that is even an option. Or every now and then, when the dye looks awful, just redye it with another coat of color.
Hope it helps.

Reactions: Ladan Mrss
No, I tried it on the handles (the same section as yours) as it was already damaged enough.
I live in a hot and humid area so it does not rain at all. I know that there was some color transfer but surprisingly only on the handle section and not anywhere else.
I tried baby wipes too, but as you figured it out already, it gets darker by being wet.

Yes I had the same problem. Try making it dry then use some waterproofing spray like Invulner. If it works the same way it did on mine, the stains will kind of fade and it won't happen anymore.