Help restyling old tennis bracelet!

I love mixed metals! So easy to combine. And they are absolutely bang on trend...
Vintage (looking) jewelry is also on trend (according to Net a Porter the biggest jewelry trend right now).
That would look nice as a contrast to a chunky stainless steel watch...

Not very helpful I know! But if not, if the diamonds are good you can make them into a pave pendant. Or I like the idea of earrings.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and RT1
Or you can reset to something like this diamond bar bracelet. This diamond bar was added to a regular beaded necklace chain so it is flexible. Sell your gold which is at an all time high, and use the funds to help pay for the reset. Or you can add the diamonds as accents to a pre-existing bangle.

BB93F8B5-0191-4BCA-8D02-E4DFA55ABAFA.png

4BC742ED-8D20-414D-87C1-ADC3D4A27415.png

Last edited:
I love mixed metals! So easy to combine. And they are absolutely bang on trend...
Agree with Doni above. And with the examples of @originalheather and @gwendo25 .

I have been yearning for Suzanne Belperron Pieces after reading the book and I’ve also visited the atelier (owned by Verdura and adjacent to it) and I noticed the Belperron pieces on the website mix metals. Actually, so does Verdura.

here is a link to a Belperron yellow gold necklace with diamonds set in white. There is also a Verdura piece of hard edged pieces in white diamonds (kind of like your bars in atomic Or Star formation Set in frames of yellow)

Reactions: Canturi lover
Agree with Doni above. And with the examples of @originalheather and @gwendo25 .

I have been yearning for Suzanne Belperron Pieces after reading the book and I’ve also visited the atelier (owned by Verdura and adjacent to it) and I noticed the Belperron pieces on the website mix metals. Actually, so does Verdura.

here is a link to a Belperron yellow gold necklace with diamonds set in white. There is also a Verdura piece of hard edged pieces in white diamonds (kind of like your bars in atomic Or Star formation Set in frames of yellow)
BelPerron is too wavy for my taste!

• Love
Reactions: 880
The diamonds don't appear to be very white/bright (its possible the bracelet is just very dirty).
To save on labour of cutting then resetting all the stones you could keep the gold bars, have them filed down slightly, polished and rhodium plated. I would then connect them to make a 15.5 inch +- necklace with 7 claw set coloured stones, one between each bar (either round, cushion or oval)where the gold xs currently sit. If the length is short finish the back with a thin tiffany style chain. Putting the focus on the coloured stones would take away the focus on the lower quality diamonds. You could do all one colour or go crazy for a rainbow or ombre affect.
PS I'm a jewellery designer

• Love
Reactions: park56 and 880
I was on another tennis bracelet thread earlier and saw someone post a picture of a tennis anklet, which I found really cool and distinctive! You could just add another bar or two and wear it on your ankle for a slightly edgy take?

Another idea--and this will definitely depend on your style--but what about turning it into a brooch? I could see the bars stacked together looking really cool and "Art Deco." You could melt the crosses down and use them as accents, or just use the yellow gold to pay for resetting it? But I could see a brooch (perhaps with a larger centre stone or pearl added) being quite a departure from what you currently have, and maybe a fun way to shake it up.

Depending on how heavy the bracelet is, you could divide it in half and have a pair of long earrings; that would look very glamorous too. I think it also comes down to whether you want an everyday piece or something for special occasions. The brooch and long earrings are likely not everyday pieces in the same way.

• Love
Reactions: 880