Help Required: blood stain on suede lining

cobaltblue

O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
Morning ladies, I need some help. My 'D'H put some cash in the back pocket of my ballet pink lily without noticing a cut on his finger. 😢

I saw the initial tiny mark on the flap of the bag and was honourably calm, but there were strong words used when I found the bigger mark on the inside of the pocket.

I am aware that it's not too visible on a day to day basis but the lovely pale pink lining is no longer perfect (the plastic was still on the inside of the lock) and I'm gutted that of all the bags it would be this one (nothing to do with being nearly 9 months pregnant and a bit emosh, oh no)

Any help is very gratefully received, I will attach pics.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408963845.342049.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408963870.207659.jpg

Hiya,

Firstly I would suggest very very gentle use of a suede brush once the blood has dried completely, and if that doesn't work, come back, and I will suggest a suede cleaner for you (can't remember the name off the top of my head) but it's great for mulberry linings. Don't stress, it's recoverable :smile: and congrats on the bumpy! :smile: Han x

Perhaps a "no man-hands" rule on handbags? A designated, "put $ here," dish on dresser?

Man-hands are destructive forces of nature. They must be taught safety, for everyone's peace of mind.:lol:

I second eraser tip & this not being a disaster. Keep heart.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great ideas. I *carefully* took and old white emery board to the mark on the flap and it's improved, still noticeable but much better.

The mark on the inside pocket is less keen to budge, will try again at some point but as you can imagine things are a little busy right now.

Now the biggest question is what I would like as a replacement from DH....